cat eye

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roadiewill

you know when you set up a cateye computer, how do you know the exact wheel dimensions? The old cateyes just used to have like 25 inch, 36 inch etc but this one has about 30 different ones.

Make a mark on your tyre/wheel/floor - roll forward until a revolution has been completed, mark floor and measure the distance between?

Smeggers

Or read off the size from the tyre wall and cross reference it with the Cateye manual.

You download the manuals from their site.

Thaz what I did anyways.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
I put a tape measure on the floor with the valve next to the start of the tape, then rolled the bike forward the valve was at the lowest point again and read off the distance...

Plax

Guru
If you have a Cateye Enduro 8, let me know what your wheel size is and I'll tell you what your magic number is.

hodsgod

Hairy Jock said:
I put a tape measure on the floor with the valve next to the start of the tape, then rolled the bike forward the valve was at the lowest point again and read off the distance...

That's the best way in my opinion. Mine has never been exactly the same figure as th emanual either.

Keith Oates

Janner
Measuring one rotation of the wheel on the floor is the best way, but if you really want to be accurate you should also sit on the bike with your weight slightly compressing the tyre as this affects the wheel/tyre diameter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Danny

Legendary Member
My Cateye came with an instruction sheet which had a table showing the settings to use for most combinations of wheel and tyre size.

Provided you know these I don't think you have to measure anything.

Top Bottom