Cat Litter - Environmently Friendly

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm trying to find a more economical cat litter - my indoor cat suffered from recurrent UTIs, so in the end the vet suggested changing the litter completely every day as he reckoned she was so fussy that anything other than fresh was stressing her out. The suggestion was the dirt-cheap Tesco Value stuff: line the tray with a few sheets of newspaper, put in a thin layer of litter and it'd be cheap and quick to tip out without having to wash the tray daily too.

It's been going fine now for a year, but for the last few months Tesco's value stuff has been unavailable, so I was paying almost £5 (instead of £1.55) for their next-up-in-price own-label. Now that's no longer available either and all that's been left to buy for months is the almost £8-a-bag Catsan.

I've tried the Lidl Fullers' Earth stuff and the Tesco wooden pellet stuff, but the cat doesn't like it and tries to avoid the tray as long as possible (hence the chance of another UTI).

I thought perhaps I could buy in bulk online & reduce the cost that way - but even the cheapest online stuff seems to be way more expensive than Tesco Value.

Anyone found any bargain bulk litter suppliers?

+1 for Zooplus

Bonus is, it gets delivered to your door. Zooplus have loads of different kinds of litter in loads of different bag sizes, so maybe you could buy a few small bags of different ones to see what suits, then buy what *does* suit in bulk.

The Tesco stuff is pretty fine grain, so I'd suggest something like Benek Corn. It's £22 for a 40 litre sack.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
+1 for Zooplus

Bonus is, it gets delivered to your door. Zooplus have loads of different kinds of litter in loads of different bag sizes, so maybe you could buy a few small bags of different ones to see what suits, then buy what *does* suit in bulk.

The Tesco stuff is pretty fine grain, so I'd suggest something like Benek Corn. It's £22 for a 40 litre sack.
Thanks. I'll have a look.

Top Bottom