Cat stuff.... 😻

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simongt

Guru
We have a microchip catflap, but recently, one of the local cats who is friendly enough, but tends to crap in our bath or kitchen, is getting in through said catflap. I've watched him do it several times today by hitting the flap a number of times and getting in that way.
The microchip sensor is still good, but as the catflap is several years old and with our eight, gets a fair bit of use. So it occurs to me that the mechanical parts, being plastic, are wearing out and so the locking part can be overidden by suitable banging of the actual flap as said cat has demonstrated.
Replace the catflap and go through the rigmarole of reprogramming our lot with a new one, or am I missing something - ?

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Well, touch wood, Dumpy is back to normal (except better, because he's not fat now). No insulin or Senvelgo, but a change of diet to expensive cat food with more meat and no grain. The vet said yesterday that his blood sugar was what she'd expect from a healthy cat that had breakfast 2 hours previously and was a bit grumpy about being taken there.

Slick

Guru
Well, touch wood, Dumpy is back to normal (except better, because he's not fat now). No insulin or Senvelgo, but a change of diet to expensive cat food with more meat and no grain. The vet said yesterday that his blood sugar was what she'd expect from a healthy cat that had breakfast 2 hours previously and was a bit grumpy about being taken there.

Great news. :thumbsup:

Slick

Guru

Mrs Slick took our 2 boys to the vet for a routine check up and has been told one has to lose 1kg and the big guy has to lose 3. :eek:

I'm not looking forward to the wee lady going in next week to get dressed. :sad:

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Screenshot_20240305-195852~2.png

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
CFC1095D-F8BF-44E5-8618-459F1BD7B906.jpeg
Fuzzy, 13 June 2008 - 10 April 2024

So long, Fuzz. 😢

simongt

Guru
Having one of my whacky dreams recently; I never bother trying to analyse their 'meanings', it would take the fun element out of them - !
At one point in said dream, suddenly I couldn't breathe properly. The sensation woke me up to discover one of our cats, who usually sleeps on my shoulder had managed to doze off on my face, hence the breathing issue - ! :eek:
Think my dreams and reality are getting a bit intertwined - ! :laugh:

Top Bottom