Catapults!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Mrs. tdr1nka and I were astonished to find a local £1 shop was selling replica 'Black Widow' fishing catapults. I believed they had been banned from sale so I bought two!!

I used to have one when I lived on a canal boat, you only had to be seen loading it to get all trouble making kids in a 5 mile radius running away home, we used to call it the 'communicator'.

got-to-get-fit

User76 said:
MiniUser76 found a great forked stick in the woods, so we have bought it home and made a catapult:ohmy: MrsUser76 has disowned the whole enterprise, but I can't wait to get out and start having some fun. I'll post some pics later.

Anyone fancy a home-made catapult competition? Home made bows and arrows could count as well:biggrin: If you live in Cheddar.....duck

Is that the tinkling of glass i can hear??:biggrin:

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Fishing catapults are for launching bait over water and tend to have
a bigger pouch for filling with maggits etc. They also have a wrist support so you can get really good pull on the elastic.

buggi

Bird Saviour
hope you've filled out a risk assessment!

Milo

Guru
Whenever we went cruising we used to carry an air rifle to put off the little sods (never used obviously).
Going though Camden lock used to be a giggle if you make a mistake everybody can see.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
miloat said:
Whenever we went cruising we used to carry an air rifle to put off the little sods (never used obviously).
Going though Camden lock used to be a giggle if you make a mistake everybody can see.

Don't. I once brought a 70' narrow boat down the GU thru Little Venice, past the Zoo and then went to make the left turn to head for Camden. A strong wind then blew into us pushing the boat sideways towards the 'floating' Chinese Resturant and I managed to wedge us into a 71' gap, leaving us no forward or reverse.:biggrin:

It took 4 of us 15 mins to get out of there while a great many people gathered on the bridge to laugh. I am still trying to live the incident down!!

Milo

Guru
Bmc used to be old cab engines i think.
Many boats use them.
Remember once on a drunken outing I dropped the rope, sending the boat with a carpet stuck on the prop and two mates drifting to the other side were nobody could access.
We did the safest thing and got the girl amongst them to tie the rope onto her ankle and swim across to the other side.
It worked thankfully and all was repaired.
Oh boating the joy.

Top Bottom