Catch 22 situation.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Eye only have one eye.I was born with a squint and the eye has never worked.I have had three eye ops since the age of 21 and nothing can be done if it pulls it's self right into the corner.So my good eye must carry all the work.Now for over a year i have had bouts of blurred vision.Last year i got some new specs and they have not stopped it.I also had an extra eye test after having the new specs for a month or so.So yesterday was a really bad day a lot of blurred vision.So i booked online a test for this morning with a well known chain.Got there and they would not do a test.It seems i have had enough tests in a certain period,i could have a health check at a cost of £25 i said no.So i popped on the bus and landed at my Health Centre,i explained to reception what had happened and i was given an app this afternoon.Looking on the Nhs website,there is advice that you can have more tests above the regular two year period,at the discretion of the provider.As a long term customer of said chain i was a little miffed,if this goes pear shaped i am legally blind,and i will cost a fortune in benefits which i will claim.Just a 30 min check would have put my mind at ease.But it looks like profit is the driving force,thank gawd for the Nhs.I lok forward to seeing what is said this afternoon,Googling it could be a few things including getting old.Fingers crossed.

Reactions: C R

C R

Guru
Eye only have one eye.I was born with a squint and the eye has never worked.I have had three eye ops since the age of 21 and nothing can be done if it pulls it's self right into the corner.So my good eye must carry all the work.Now for over a year i have had bouts of blurred vision.Last year i got some new specs and they have not stopped it.I also had an extra eye test after having the new specs for a month or so.So yesterday was a really bad day a lot of blurred vision.So i booked online a test for this morning with a well known chain.Got there and they would not do a test.It seems i have had enough tests in a certain period,i could have a health check at a cost of £25 i said no.So i popped on the bus and landed at my Health Centre,i explained to reception what had happened and i was given an app this afternoon.Looking on the Nhs website,there is advice that you can have more tests above the regular two year period,at the discretion of the provider.As a long term customer of said chain i was a little miffed,if this goes pear shaped i am legally blind,and i will cost a fortune in benefits which i will claim.Just a 30 min check would have put my mind at ease.But it looks like profit is the driving force,thank gawd for the Nhs.I lok forward to seeing what is said this afternoon,Googling it could be a few things including getting old.Fingers crossed.

Hopefully it will not be anything serious. Good luck for this afternoon.

Katherine

Guru
Eye hope your good I will settle down again. Good luck.

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
Back from a brill Doctor Patient meet.Young Doctor and me had a little laugh together,he understands my concerns and i an going to St Jims to the eye clinic,his 'guess' is the start of a cataract,but as he said laughing this torch this is a totally useless piece of equipment.The Hospital will have better.Onward and upward.The shop could have confirmed this inside 30 mins this morning with their gizmos.Never mind just another burden on the Nhs from a private company.

C R

Guru
Back from a brill Doctor Patient meet.Young Doctor and me had a little laugh together,he understands my concerns and i an going to St Jims to the eye clinic,his 'guess' is the start of a cataract,but as he said laughing this torch this is a totally useless piece of equipment.The Hospital will have better.Onward and upward.The shop could have confirmed this inside 30 mins this morning with their gizmos.Never mind just another burden on the Nhs from a private company.
Good to hear it is not likely to be anything out of the ordinary.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Been to the Hospital and it looks like old age and a condition called DRY EYE.So it is drops and an evening cream.Report back in 3 months.
Good luck with that.

I just looked up DRY EYE on the NHS website and it said that one symptom can be watery eyes! :wacko: I have been suffering from watery eyes recently. I expect a touch of it when cycling along, even though I always wear cycling glasses, but I get it sat at the computer as well. Maybe my wet eyes are dry? :laugh:

classic33

Leg End Member
Good luck with that.

I just looked up DRY EYE on the NHS website and it said that one symptom can be watery eyes! :wacko: I have been suffering from watery eyes recently. I expect a touch of it when cycling along, even though I always wear cycling glasses, but I get it sat at the computer as well. Maybe my wet eyes are dry? :laugh:
"Sunburnt eyes", where they try to produce the fluid for the eyeball lubrication. But tend to go into "overdrive" production wise.

Globalti

Legendary Member
My optician pointed out that the film of tears forms part of the optics of the eyeball, something I hadn't considered before. So dry eyes or watery eyes could cause optical problems.

Top Bottom