Catch & Release Bee Gadget ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sheddy

Legendary Member
Does such a thing exist ?

We get bees and hoverflies wandering into our conservatory, and need a quick way to redirect them into the wild. Does anyone use one ?

vickster

Legendary Member
Shoo them out with a newspaper :okay:

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Such a gadget exists, they're a little perspex box or pyramid on the end of a stick. The box has a sliding flap of perspex. You put the box over the bee with the flap hanging down, twizzle the stick 180 degrees and the flap rotates up and then drops down trapping the bee in the box.
Take the box to the window and twizzle the stick again so the flap drops open. Repeat.
Screenshot_20200701-110749_Google.jpg

roley poley

Über Member
we use a glass to trap the bee usually against the window pane it's trying to fly through then slide a bit of paper between the two capturing the bee for release

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Just splat the damn things, they won't do it twice!

Just joking, before anyone gets all shocked and enviro- indignant......

we use a glass to trap the bee usually against the window pane it's trying to fly through then slide a bit of paper between the two capturing the bee for release
That's what we do. Same with spiders.
Wasps and flies get sprayed vigorously.
When we had cats we had humane mousetraps on permanent call. They worked well

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Such a gadget exists, they're a little perspex box or pyramid on the end of a stick. The box has a sliding flap of perspex. You put the box over the bee with the flap hanging down, twizzle the stick 180 degrees and the flap rotates up and then drops down trapping the bee in the box.
Take the box to the window and twizzle the stick again so the flap drops open. Repeat. View attachment 533522
Yep got one.very good.:becool:

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
As already said, usher them out with something like a newspaper. A large bit of cardboard can be better though.
I tend to catch them if I can by cupping my hands around the silly bee and then release him outdoors.

Top Bottom