Cateye Micro Wireless - Trip distance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

redjedi

Über Member
I've just got a Cateye MC100 micro wireless computer, and I can't work out how to show the trip distance.

Pressing the mode button changes the lower display between
Clock>time(riding)>DISTANCE>Ave(speed)>Max(speed)>Odometer

I would have thought that the distance option would reset to zero at the end of the day ( or after a certain number of hours) so you know how far a certain ride was. But mine just shows the same as the Odometer.

I can't find anything in the manual that tells me what to do

Any ideas?

OP
OP
redjedi

redjedi

Über Member
I've found a way to do that.

It does reset the trip distance but also the riding time and the max/ave speed.

The only thing that didn't reset was the odometer.

I suppose that would work, but I would need to remember to do it before every ride.

But unlike my Cyclosport one, if I forget to note down the trip info after a ride, it won't have disappeard the next morning.

OP
OP
redjedi

redjedi

Über Member
In case anyone is wondering how to reset it.
Go the the AVE speed, hold the start/stop button then the mode button, and hold both for a couple of seconds.

OP
OP
redjedi

redjedi

Über Member
Hadn't decided yet, but I better get my name on the list soon, as it's filling up quickly.

No train this time though :ohmy:

monnet

Guru
I'm not sure if this is your problem but I bought a cateye wireless a couple of years ago. I thought they all did pretty much the same thing but the model I bought did the same as yours. On closer inspection of the packaging/ instructions it was revealed that the computer didn't have a ride distance on it only an odometer. I was pretty pissed off and had to get another comp that did have ride distance on it.

Top Bottom