Di2 wireless help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Long time since I posted.... But I was a regular poster until lack of time got the better of me! So.....

Help! Got a week old Pinarello F7 with Di2 wireless Ultregra 12... Jumped on it this morning shifted gears a couple of times then nothing. Rear derailleur lights up green and checked app anyway fully charged...

What have I done? Pressed something to brick it?

As it was a commute I went back home and jumped on my Propel and came to work will check F7 when I get home.

It was a bit nippy but nowhere near low end of operating temp (-10 c)

Good morning

Sorry if am making a dumb suggestion but did you check the battery in the shifter, the teeny CR1632?

This is where the power for the wireless transmitter comes from, not from the main battery. They are supposed to last for ages, but maybe the shifters got pressed a lot in transit.

Bye

Ian

OP
OP
simon the viking
nippy ?
nah it had warmed up to a nice 2 c by the time i left home around 8

I left half an hour early at 8.30 to put an extra 10 miles in commute... Got back in time to do normal route on old bike.

I checked operating temperature on the net to see if it was the nippyness that had affected it but says -10

The irony is the Propel performed faultlessly... And was probably wondering what it had done wrong for the last fortnight!

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I left half an hour early at 8.30 to put an extra 10 miles in commute... Got back in time to do normal route on old bike.

I checked operating temperature on the net to see if it was the nippyness that had affected it but says -10

The irony is the Propel performed faultlessly... And was probably wondering what it had done wrong for the last fortnight!

thats what you get for getting new fangled electrickery magic :smile:

OP
OP
simon the viking
thats what you get for getting new fangled electrickery magic :smile:

you're not wrong! The feature I was most looking forward to using, is what has caused the first trouble! Day off tomorrow and nothing to do for the first time in weeks so was looking to a decent bike ride!

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I'd also look at the battery in the shifter. This caught me out on my SRAM system as my computer was telling me about a low shifter battery and I though it was just being stupid as I'd just charged the batteries on the derailleurs. Forgot that the shifters need power too, so user error! In fairness they'd lasted 2 years and a tidy number of miles.

Failing that is it a pairing issue? I only have fully-wired Di2 and a SRAM setup that's has been entirely trouble free, so I'm not speaking from any great experience.

And for the luddites in the room, I invite them to view my museum of ****ed mechanical brifters, which acquired a new exhibit only this week. :angry:

OP
OP
simon the viking
:blush: err got home and it works fine.... Think it might have been operator error pressing wrong part of shifter lol.... In my defence I've only done 30 miles on it last ride was Monday... Think I was having an early morning brain f##t

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
:blush: err got home and it works fine.... Think it might have been operator error pressing wrong part of shifter lol.... In my defence I've only done 30 miles on it last ride was Monday... Think I was having an early morning brain f##t

almost as bad as running different brands of shifter and pressing imaginary levers that are not there on the bike im on , i have a campag equipped bike im am going to swap over as its just to much for my poor brain .

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
almost as bad as running different brands of shifter and pressing imaginary levers that are not there on the bike im on , i have a campag equipped bike im am going to swap over as its just to much for my poor brain .

Aye - went out briefly on the Genesis last week (R7000 with the obvious STIs) - kept reaching for the bar end shifters :tongue:

Top Bottom