Cateye odometer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RobertEmlyn

I recently changed the battery in the handlebar unit of my Cateye speedometer (CC-VT235W). I entered updated details. Everything was fine except the odometer. This no longer records wheel revolutions. Distance is fine. Can anyone help please. Thanks.

classic33

Leg End Member
How's it recording distance, if the wheel mounted magnet isn't being detected.

OP
OP
R

RobertEmlyn

How's it recording distance, if the wheel mounted magnet isn't being detected.
Distance is really a trip meter. It can be easily cleared, like time, at the end of an individual trip or journey. Odometer is a cumulative figure recording all wheel movements.

classic33

Leg End Member
Distance is really a trip meter. It can be easily cleared, like time, at the end of an individual trip or journey. Odometer is a cumulative figure recording all wheel movements.
If it's recording tril distance, but failing to show total distance then the function isn't there, at all. There's a fault, or you've missed something.

Ajax Bay

Guru
The Cateye is an odometer just as a the readout/dispay (and the electronic gubbins providing the data) in a car is an odometer (normally incorrectly known as a speedometer). My advice is doing a 'hard reset' - Clear all data - Initialisation.
https://www.cateye.com/images/manual/CC-VT235W_QS-m_ENG_v1.pdf
Wiki: odometer:
noun
noun: odometer; plural noun: odometers; noun: hodometer; plural noun: hodometers
  1. an instrument for measuring the distance travelled by a wheeled vehicle.
Cateye uses the term 'odometer' (in error) as the total distance (since 'hard' reset) as opposed to the trip distance (distance ridden since simple reset).
"Total distance (Odometer):"
Did you also change the battery in the magnet unit?
In the OP:
Everything was fine except the odometer. This no longer records wheel revolutions. Distance is fine.
If the Cateye screen is showing (trip) distance the sensor is working/transmitting.
https://www.cateye.com/intl/products/computers/CC-VT235W/

Top Bottom