cateye orbit wheel lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Herbie

Veteran
I recently bought a set of Cateye Orbit wheels, i thought they would be agreat get you noticed in the dark bit of kit as they are supposed to turn your wheels into glowing red red circles...however when i tried them out they only glowed for about 10 seconds before going out like a damp squib. I was a bit disappointed as Cateye stuff is usually top notch...Has anyone else had similar problems with these lights?...I've lost my receipt so can't return to shop BUGGER :angry:

OP
OP
Herbie

Herbie

Veteran
[QUOTE 1206696"]
Slightly OT, but what is the name of those glowing wheel light things that you stick all over your spokes?

[/quote]
ta for replying...not sure what they're called

philipbh

Spectral Cyclist
I recently bought a set of Cateye Orbit wheels, i thought they would be agreat get you noticed in the dark bit of kit as they are supposed to turn your wheels into glowing red red circles...however when i tried them out they only glowed for about 10 seconds before going out like a damp squib. I was a bit disappointed as Cateye stuff is usually top notch...Has anyone else had similar problems with these lights?...I've lost my receipt so can't return to shop BUGGER :angry:

Take out the battery and then re insert - then turn on again - should be fine

They are probably still in demo mode - so when you turn them on they will light / flash for a short time before turning off

Norm

[QUOTE 1206701"]
Yeah thanks. Found them now. Also known as 3m Sekuclips, and much cheaper from Germany - http://roseversand.c...0&detail2=10181
[/quote]Fantastic items. I've got them fitted to this bike, they are pretty much invisible during the day...
th_DSCN2176.jpg

However, at night, this is how they look. The "normal" reflectors are still fitted, for comparison.
th_DSCN2126.jpg

The Sekuclips generally come in packs of 36 or 72. I fit one every 3 or 4 spokes (that image has one in three), so a pack of 72 is enough for at least three bikes.

Top Bottom