Cateye Strada/B'TWIN Count 8 CYCLE COMPUTER HELP!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alharris44

1) I recently purchased the CATEYE STRADA wireless cycle computer. This little device was very easy to install, looked the part and worked brilliantly and I was very please! But, it seems to not display any speed above 31.6 mph! Bizarre! Now, I know this as I cycled from Oxford to Banbury last weekend and on a downhill stretch my Strava app on my phone clocked me in at 43 mph, yet the Cateye Strada didn't push above 31.6 mph.

2) Due to this, earlier I went to Decathlon and bought the B'TWIN COUNT 8, meaning to return the Cateye. But I have another problem with this too! Is there a way to reset your stopwatch and trip for example without resetting your other records such as odometer and max speed? I can't figure out how to do it

Help!

mrbikerboy73

Über Member
I can't answer your question about the BTWIN COUNT 8 I'm afraid, but I do have a CATEYE STRADA wireless and mine has shown more than 31 mph so I would guess that there is a problem with the way the sensor is mounted in relation to the magnet on the wheel. This may be worth a read, hope you get it sorted out.
http://sheldonbrown.com/cyclecomputer-installation.html

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Either that or the strava app on you phone is giving some dodgy readings as phone gps is notoriously dodgy at giving accurate reading .
Not that i am saying that you did not go that fast but it is worth checking .
Have you got the wheel diameter calibrated correctly and is the sensor reading every revolution ?

Top Bottom