Cateye Strada Cadence

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

koro

Hi,

I have attached the sensors to get as close to the 3mm (Cateye Strada Cadence) as possible on my Giant Defy....

I am getting readouts ok (on my turbo trainer) but I cant but help think that the sensors should be a measured length away from the hub for the speed and a measured length for the crank? I ask this as the cadence speed and wheel speed dont feel to me be correct. I entered in the data for the tyre circumference as on the supplied ref table...

Have I fitted incorrectly?

Cheers
Koro

Oldlegs

Frogs are people too.
Yes you have fitted it right - the sensors count wheel / crank revs so it doesn't make any difference where they go. You can't get one bit of the wheel going faster than the rest (well not normally anyway
rolleyes.gif
)

A thought - have you got it set up kilometers thinking it's miles (or vica verrsa). This is part of the computer setup process.

OP
OP
koro

koro

Yes you have fitted it right - the sensors count wheel / crank revs so it doesn't make any difference where they go. You can't get one bit of the wheel going faster than the rest (well not normally anyway
rolleyes.gif
)

A thought - have you got it set up kilometers thinking it's miles (or vica verrsa). This is part of the computer setup process.

Cheers, yes its set up in miles,,,I am surprised that my cadence which feels to me pretty quick, is actually pretty slow acording to the Cateye :becool:

zimzum42

Legendary Member
85rpm is not fast - it's a normal cadence, perhaps even slightly at the lower end within normal

And yes, computers do measure the number of revolutions and then work out the speed. And at any one point in time all parts of the wheel are moving at different speeds. The bit in contact with the ground is not moving at all (if it was you would be skidding) and at the very same time the top of the wheel is moving far faster than you are overall...

potsy

Rambler
If you're currently riding at say 50-60 cadence then 85 will really seem fast,I think my natural cadence is around the 70 mark though I've never really bothered checking.

Top Bottom