Cateye strada computer keeps resetting.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteCo

I had a cateye strata computer which kept resetting itself. I bought a replacement and it's still doing it. The bike is a Specialized Vado. Is it something to do with it being an e-bike?

Bristolian

If you leave the computer switched on away from the bike does it still reset? If not, then it would suggest the problem is bike related, but what it might be I don't know.

ExBrit

Über Member
If you leave the computer switched on away from the bike does it still reset? If not, then it would suggest the problem is bike related, but what it might be I don't know.

I think Bristolian is onto something. There's a lot in the user manual about avoiding other electronic devices. Does it only reset while you are riding the bike? Does it only reset while you are operating the controls, such as changing the assist level? etc. etc. You may need to downgrade to a wired computer or upgrade to a GPS capable head unit.

OP
OP
P

PeteCo

Thanks for those helpful comments. It's only actually happened a few times, but I had been thinking it was when I changed the function. Yes maybe I need a wired device. It's a pain when it resets of course: you lose the odometer reading and you have to re enter the wheel circumference.

Top Bottom