Cateye Strada wireless sender unit dies.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Was out on my MTB today when the Cateye Strada wireless unit stopped working, suddenly and for no apparent reason. The head unit works fine when paired with sender units on other bikes, so I have narrowed it down to the sender unit on the fork.
Obvious points to note... The spoke magnet is still there, and passes the correct zone on the sender. The battery in the sender unit has been changed for a known good one. I reset the head unit, but when I got home I found that it works fine on other bikes. It just won't record anything while on the MTB..

What can possibly go wrong with the sender unit? I am baffled!

Mine stopped working when the battery in the head unit was getting old. As the computer still seemed to be working I replaced the battery in the sender but this didn't help. In this state whether it worked or not was very sensitive to how far the head was from the sender, if I took the head unit off the handlebars and moved it an inch or so closer to the sender it started working. You could try moving them close together and spinning the wheel?

I changed the battery in the head unit as well and it worked fine after that.

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
For the info of anyone with a similar problem who might come across this post via the search facility:
It would appear that the fault was with the spoke magnet :wacko:.
I cannot figure that out, as the old magnet still seems to be magnetised, but after replacing the spoke magnet all is well.

Top Bottom