Cateye velo wireless sensor lost connection to computer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steinarb

When I first started using the bike and compter this spring, the cateye velo wireless computer worked.

However the speed indicator dropped out once I passed 24km/h, so I figured it was a bad battery.

But after changing the battery on the sensor I get no signal at all in the computer. I have tried several batteries, one might be broken but I think it is unlikely that all of them are.

I have tried having the magnet and the sensor sone as close as possible without touching.

I have removed the magnet from the wheel and touched it to the sensor zone.

Is there some re-pairing/re-sync'ing trick I could try? (the manual didn't say anything about this, and the sensor doesn't seem to have any buttons to press) Could the sensor have died on me? (if so: strange that it died just as I changed the battery)

Thanks!

- Steinar

Thanks!

Ajax Bay

Guru
:welcome:
Have you replaced the battery in the computer with a new one as well?
Model of Cateye velo wireless computer?

Pakariverman

When I first started using the bike and compter this spring, the cateye velo wireless computer worked.

However the speed indicator dropped out once I passed 24km/h, so I figured it was a bad battery.

But after changing the battery on the sensor I get no signal at all in the computer. I have tried several batteries, one might be broken but I think it is unlikely that all of them are.

I have tried having the magnet and the sensor sone as close as possible without touching.

I have removed the magnet from the wheel and touched it to the sensor zone.

Is there some re-pairing/re-sync'ing trick I could try? (the manual didn't say anything about this, and the sensor doesn't seem to have any buttons to press) Could the sensor have died on me? (if so: strange that it died just as I changed the battery)

Thanks!

- Steinar

Thanks!
Hi, had been having this same problem off and on for quite some time.
Finally, found the reason for my intermittent issue with my unit.

My magnet is not properly aligned. I did not know there is an arrow on the lower part of the sensor.
It is on the backside of the sensor. Align your magnet to this arrow and wallah it should work.

Took me a long while to discover this. Hope this works for you cheer!

999Steve

I have a similar problem to the OP. My Cateye Velo Plus wireless is new , it's fitted correctly, magnet correctly aligned. New batteries fitted (in case it had been on the shelf a while).

At 13.5mph it returns to zero and stops recording data - once I get back down to 10 or 12 mph it starts up again.

Ideas please ?

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I have a similar problem to the OP. My Cateye Velo Plus wireless is new , it's fitted correctly, magnet correctly aligned. New batteries fitted (in case it had been on the shelf a while).

At 13.5mph it returns to zero and stops recording data - once I get back down to 10 or 12 mph it starts up again.

Ideas please ?
I had this a few years ago on a wired Cateye where it stopped reading at a certain speed - after a bit of trial and error it was traced to the sensor being a bit too far away from the magnet and a quick repositioning of the sensor got everything back to normal.

Top Bottom