Catrike mudguards

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm glad that the riding position is recumbent, as it stopped me falling over when I looked up mudguards, after suffering from wet arms and arse

£100 for a set of guards...no chance

Any cheaper alternatives? Or is it a case of altering/homebrewing?

Night Train

Maker of Things
At that price I would make my own.

I am thnking of making a mould to start forming wooden ones for my own trike so if it works I would be able to make more of them. Need to think about the fitting though.

markg0vbr

Über Member
i might put a bit of a mudguard on the back wheel but it would only run from just below the lower part of the rear frame to the top of the tyre just to stop crap hitting the back of the seat. spray shooting out the back might stop Klingons :whistle:
i will see, i have a 20" front mudguard left over from a bike i tarted up for some one, that might be just the thing.:tongue:
but it is adding a bit of weight mmmmm tool kit, spare tube, pump, ltr of water it all adds up you know. :rolleyes:

No use at all Mark. You need a clamp and a 90 degree turn to fit a Catrike. Their guards fit onto the steering arm.

Top of the headset, it is the bracketry that costs unfortunately. I am working on a carbon fibre derivative that could easily cost the same or less than the standard items.

markg0vbr

Über Member
it is not just cat ice are about the same price. my front ones on the ice are holding up well but i am on my third rear the first two just vibrated them selves to bits, i am hoping this one will be ok.

byegad

Legendary Member
It's the speed you ride at. The old rear MTB style blade on my QNT is holding up quite well. But I'm a Gentleman rider, not a racer.

byegad

Legendary Member
You'll be able to buy some when you're in town getting your fillings replaced.

I found that a rock hard tyre is a lot slower on a rough surface. The energy to rattle your fillings out of your teeth, comes from the forward motion. Softer tyres can be faster on those surfaces.

Top Bottom