Caught with my trousers down

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swede54

I've just been caught sitting on my desk, feet on the chair with my trousers around my ankles and sitting on a piece of 2 layer corrugated cardboard.(No pictures available).

Fortunately I work from home and it was only my wife that saw me.

Having explained I was only measuring my sit bones I now have financial approval to replace the 130mm saddle on the new road bike with something more suited to my 120mm wide bones. Looking at the Spesh site it seems I need something around 145mm.

Any recommendations (doesn't have to be Spesh)?

e-rider

crappy member
I was expecting a public toilet/police incident from the thread title

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I am thinking about a new saddle and spotted the new Selle Italia SLR Superflow. It comes in different widths so how do I measure my arse?

From the OP I guess cardboard sheet and dodgy websites are involved??

OP
OP
swede54

swede54

I am thinking about a new saddle and spotted the new Selle Italia SLR Superflow. It comes in different widths so how do I measure my arse?

From the OP I guess cardboard sheet and dodgy websites are involved??

Sit on the card as described above and measure between the centres of the 2 dents, when transferred to the saddle this measurement should sit somewhere in the middle of the padded bits.

Went to Evans this evening for a second opinion. The Bontrager measuring device, which doesn't require the removal of trousers, confirmed that I needed a wider saddle so I bought a Bontrager Evoke. The Bontrager saddles come with a 30 day comfort guarantee. Hopefully the next ride won't take 4 days recovery before I can sit on a hard surface.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
OK thanks for that. mine is not as bad as yours was but after a long day i definitely feel theres room for improvement in comfort.

Bluenite

Why don't you just ask your 'nearest and dearest' to measure your bum with a tape measure.....(if they love you the will:whistle:)

OP
OP
swede54

swede54

Following a couple of 12 milers in the week I did 46 miles today and although everything else aches, probably due to the cold I've had all week, I am delighted to report that the correct width perch means that the rear end is fine.:wahhey:

Top Bottom