Cav attacked in home burglary!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I'm sure they'll get them. That sort will likely boast about it down the pub as well as making a load of mistakes.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Amateurs. Sentence will depend on their records and level of violence used
Probably be sent down but I wouldn't bet on it being for too long the way sentencing seems to be going at the moment.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
And have now received fairly stiff sentences...

Two men have been jailed for a knifepoint robbery at the family home of elite cyclist Mark Cavendish.

Romario Henry, 31, of south-east London, and Ali Sesay, 28, of Kent, broke into Mr Cavendish's home in Ongar, Essex, on 27 November 2021.

Henry, who denied the crime, was found guilty of two counts of robbery last month. Sesay pleaded guilty at an earlier hearing.

Chelmsford Crown Court sentenced Henry to 15 years in prison and Sesay 12.
Details HERE!

Jameshow

Veteran
And have now received fairly stiff sentences...

Details HERE!

Do hope though they didn't get a stiffer sentence than someone who burgles Jo blogs house??
If it were my house threatened my family and my sekonda was stolen with my £500 Cannondale would they get a decade put away?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Do hope though they didn't get a stiffer sentence than someone who burgles Jo blogs house??
If it were my house threatened my family and my sekonda was stolen with my £500 Cannondale would they get a decade put away?
I thought about that too!

Hopefully, it was because of the degree of terror inflicted on the family with the the threat from the weapons, rather than the value of the watches and Cav's celebrity status.

Alex321

Veteran

Almost certainly they would.
https://www.sentencingcouncil.org.uk/offences/crown-court/item/robbery-dwelling/

This falls under Culpability A (use of a bladed article to threaten victims), and category 1 for high value items stolen (and possibly serious psychological harm caused). And note that the "high value" means either monetary or sentimental.

Which has a starting point of 13 years, with range of sentencing from 10-16 years.

Top Bottom