Cav fined

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Will1985

Über Member
Chipotle are now only a minor sponsor of Garmin - they're hardly a good advert for healthy living and eating anyway when each burrito contains up to 1500 calories. Consider also that their sponsorship of Garmin broke from their tradition of not advertising.

I can't see how Cav's victory salute can have affected the sponsors - HTC at least will be dining off his telephone celebration for years. Surely any publicity like this is still good publicity to a sponsor?

montage

God Almighty
A bit of an over reaction, but I think Cav needed this.
He has a bad attitude, maybe if he grows up a bit he will bring home even more wins

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
He's exactly what cycling needs. There aren't enough personalities (who aren't on drugs...). And he has an attitude that wins races. Nice guys, as they say, finish last.

montage

God Almighty
Flying_Monkey said:
He's exactly what cycling needs. There aren't enough personalities (who aren't on drugs...). And he has an attitude that wins races. Nice guys, as they say, finish last.

I don't like his "throw the toys out of the pram" attitude - much prefer wiggins and clancy's outlet on things.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Wiggins would struggle to get a job in the diplomatic service after slagging off his Garmin sponsored team as 2nd Division quality!

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Chuffy said:
Absolutely.
Hoy, Pendleton, Cancellara, Cooke, Hushovd, Frieire, Contador.
Arrogant, chippy peanuts the lot of 'em...:biggrin:

Okay, here we go again. It wasn't a 100% serious comment... I will make sure to add a little :tongue: next time.

Flying_Monkey said:
Okay, here we go again. It wasn't a 100% serious comment... I will make sure to add a little :wacko: next time.
<blows raspberry>
Ok, I'll let you off this time. It's just that I get bored and annoyed when 'character' is wheeled out as a defense of boorish stupidity (see also Liam Gallagher).

Heh, I believe that Mr Ricco also had 'character'. :biggrin:

Top Bottom