Cav's Chances

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aerobrain

Über Member
It's my first year watching Le Tour properly and really enjoying it. I'm a Cavendish fan but as a newbie spectator to this I'm not sure how these first few stages are affecting his overall chances of the Green, other than he'd obviously of wanted more points by now. But is it just a case of he's got some catching up to do that is realistic or have his chances already pretty much slipped away?!

I get the impression this year has a lot more mountain stages where I believe he isn't strong so I'm guessing the points he lost in the first few stages might be quite significant to his chances.

Probably a stupid question so feel free to hurl abuse :-)

raindog

er.....
Apart from injury, Sagan should be in green in Paris.

OP
OP
aerobrain

aerobrain

Über Member
Well my girlfriend knows his brother (she's from near his home town) so she'll be pleased if that happens!!! If it does then Team Sky have to come good with a yellow for Froome or else I'll not be able to show my face :-)

SWSteve

Guru
If Cavendish doesn't get green I'll 'forget' to purchase his national champs jersey. If he finishes in green then of course I will be wearing it

SWSteve

Guru
:whistle:
"Trophy" jerseys are to be earned, not purchased.
Didn't you get the memo?

Memo Shmemo, if you aren't meant to wear it they shouldn't make it

zizou

Veteran
While he will want to win it that desire pales into comparision to him wanting to win stages - particularly now that he has the full set of points jerseys in his wardrobe.

biking_fox

Guru
In a straight sprint Cav wins nearly every time - the question is how many of those sprints will he get. And how many little bits and pieces points will Sagan pick up around all the edges.

So far it isnt looking that good for Cav, but if he can creep intoa few more sprints, and steal the odd intermediate then he might be able to pull it around. The GC guys with mountain stage wins frequently come pretty close too.

martint235

Dog on a bike
From what he said yesterday, Cav is till feeling a bit ill. Apparently he hadn't mentioned it before because he felt he would be targetted in the first few days if people knew.

Top Bottom