CB Regent or Dawes Vantage ?

Discussion in 'Bikes and Buying Advice - What Bike?' started by simonsimon, 20 Apr 2010.

1. simonsimon

simonsimon New Member

Evenin' all.

I will shortly be getting my £500 cycle to work voucher (capped at 500 by Royal Mail through the Halfords scheme) and have been um-ing and ah-ing over what to spend it on. After spending ages deciding on whether to go for a road bike or flat bar hybrid it occurred to me that a tourer might well suit me (46yrs old, far too fat and not exactly what you'd call fit) as a kind of "everybike".

Handicapped as I am by the amount I have to spend and who I have to spend it with, it seems my choices are between the Claud Butler Regent and the Dawes Vantage.

Do any of you have experience with/preference of either or these ?

Thank you kindly,

Simon

p.s. I've just realised how out of date my avatar pic is. I was young, slim and fit back then (well, comparatively) :smile:

2. Bandini

Bandini Guest

Touring bikes are lots of fun. I have got the bug with mine, and did my first mini-tour (4 days)through the moors a few weeks ago - brilliant! Whatever you get, get a tourer IMO.

Can you use Edinburgh Cycle Co-op? This bike gets very good reviews and is in budget:

http://www.edinburghbicycle.com/ebw...QRY=C440&f_SortOrderID=1&f_bct=c003155c018343

Sorry if that is not much help - somebody else might be more useful!

3. OP
    OP
    simonsimon

simonsimon New Member

T'is a lovely looking machine and no doubt about it. Unfortunately, the scheme doesn't include "own brand" bikes ;)

4. OP
    OP
    simonsimon

simonsimon New Member

No more opinions ? ;)

5. OP
    OP
    simonsimon

simonsimon New Member

Actually, the Country Traveller seems to be a direct copy of the Dawes Vantage. Or is it vice versa ?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice