CBR bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

subaqua

What’s the point
DBR are Diamond Back , i think they are part of the same group that owns Raleigh

yup. eldest daughter has one , 26" wheels too . it was bought in the sale reduced from 300 to 149. not bad running gear on it but fairly heavy. she can't half make it shift though when she needs to.

peterbeard

Regular
I own a CBR urban hybrid bought in 2009, not the greatest but robust enough, I use the bike daily for an 8 mile commute (road and canal path nothing too strenuous). I've only ever replaced the tyres when first bought for puncture resistant set and brake pads. I clean and maintain weekly and the bike is still going strong. My gearing and cables are still originals and bike still looks decent. Like anything else if you maintain it well enough it will last. It's noticeably heavier than my friends other bikes and the top speed isn't great either. If you want a decent performer for serious cycling then I'd avoid, my bike wouldn't survive even light off road cycling, however it's comfortable and robust enough for the daily jaunt to work and back.

gelfy666

Über Member
I had a Btwin Rockrider from decathlon, great bike, wish the wife hadn't make me sell it to make space for the others.

Psycolist

NINJA BYKALIST
Another vote for Decathlon. If you are not proficient in cycle maintenance, I think its important to buy from a proper cycle outlet, not a garage that sells bikes, or a supermarket/department store or mail order outlet. This type of seller will almost certainly offer no after sales service, and will have had the YTS (these days known as apprentice) staff build it for you. Proper cycle shops will have trained staff that will at least put it together for you properly (for the most part) and safely (usually) and wont sell (normally) bikes that fall apart or cease to work under reasonable wear and tear. Keep an eye out for one of those brands previously mentioned, either new or second hand. Most bike shops offer previously owned bikes that they have taken in part ex, and there are an increasing number of shops selling only used bikes. Good luck in your search. Let us know how you get on

Top Bottom