**CC Ecosse (East) RV ride - Saturday 3 March**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Scoosh

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Yes, that's Cleish you went up from the south.:thumbsup:

Hmmm ... what sort of time would you have been up Cleish Hill ? Were you wearing a yelllow/orangey jacket/top ?

The reason I ask is because, as I was coming up from the north side and Seamab and Mr R were waiting for me, I saw someone so dressed, who seemed to have come over from the south, then had turned and was going back down again.

Your track indicates that this was indeed yourself - some time after 1415 ??

Seamab

It turned out to be a better RV Ride than I was thinking when I set out. ^_^

What was I thinking ?
- grumph, grumph. It's going to be 100km by the time I get home again ... the weather looks pretty miserable :rain: (low cloud with rain up ahead of me) ... maybe I'll skip doing Cleish Hill on the way back ... mutter, mutter ... no one else - on my own again ... why didn't I post up earlier in the week :headshake: , as it's easier to call off than to arrange at such ridiculously short notice ... wind is due to pick up later, so will be a headwind all the way back ... Cleish Hill for the first time this year :eek: - have I got the legs for it ? ...

What happened ?

- very light drizzle by Forth Bridge, rain clouds kept nicely ahead of me, wind at my back, new top speed of 67.61 kph :hyper: [downhill] (smiling at the time too :thumbsup:) AND reached the Cafe bang on 1200 - to see 2 others there already :wahhey:.

Seamab and ex-CCer Mr Ridley had just arrived, so we had a very pleasant hour of chat and repast (fruit crumble :hungry: , for those who need to know :rolleyes:) and then we ALL set off for Cleish Hill. They two shot off the front - well my front anyway :surrender: - then waited for me at the top; No one gets left behind on a CC Ride :thumbsup:.

We descended, Seamab took his road for home and Mr R and I continued till he reached a suitable road for going back to Glasgow. Yes, he had ridden from Glasweegieland :eek: and by the time he returned, he would have done something over 100 (not flat) miles. :bicycle: Chapeau ! :bravo:

I managed to make it back home - fair tuckered out - but had had a great ride and thoroughly enjoyed the day.

Thanks to Seamab and ex-Mr Ridley :cheers:.

Glad you enjoyed the day Scoosh. I just caught this thread late the night before and having a Saturday at home thought i'd come along. Looking out the window on Sat morning the weather was uninviting but was only a minor drizzle. The windy conditions made for a crosswind most of the way out and back which really got up at the top of Cleish hill. Thanks for posting this one up. I enjoyed the day and it was nice to chat with you and Jim. Decent coffee and fruit crumble too! Well done Jim - a hard day in the saddle.

Hope to get out again soon.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
:hello: Hello Seamab, long time no see - are you emerging from hibernation? :thumbsup:
Good to see that you all had a good day out in the end, and chapeau to Mr R indeed! I've only just finished my %$£%@# work task. :sweat: :angel: ... mustn't grumble, it was in a good cause ...

T

Col5632

Guru
Yes, that's Cleish you went up from the south.:thumbsup:

Hmmm ... what sort of time would you have been up Cleish Hill ? Were you wearing a yelllow/orangey jacket/top ?

The reason I ask is because, as I was coming up from the north side and Seamab and Mr R were waiting for me, I saw someone so dressed, who seemed to have come over from the south, then had turned and was going back down again.

Your track indicates that this was indeed yourself - some time after 1415 ??

Were you on a white Specialized? Yeah i was wearing a red special top from Aldi lol I did think to myself maybe i should ask if they are a fellow cycle chat-er but i never :blush: Im pretty sure it was around 3ish cause i got back home around 4 :bicycle:

Seamab

:hello: Hello Seamab, long time no see - are you emerging from hibernation? :thumbsup:

T
Yes TeleMark, it's now officially spring! Like the donkey from Shrek "I'm on the road again...." Hope to catch up with you all on a future Ride

P.S How do you lot get the smilies? I find this revamped CC difficult to use.

Seamab

I was on a white/blue cannondale, Jim on a Van Nic and Scoosh has a London special (what's it called again?)

I went past someone taking in the view and stopped some 50metres on at a gate to wait for Jim and Scoosh. I did find out that Cleish Hill didn't seem any easier than before...

Col5632

Guru
I was on a white/blue cannondale, Jim on a Van Nic and Scoosh has a London special (what's it called again?)

I went past someone taking in the view and stopped some 50metres on at a gate to wait for Jim and Scoosh. I did find out that Cleish Hill didn't seem any easier than before...

Bike i passed was defo white, very bright white :laugh:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Yes TeleMark, it's now officially spring! Like the donkey from Shrek "I'm on the road again...." Hope to catch up with you all on a future Ride

P.S How do you lot get the smilies? I find this revamped CC difficult to use.

You hit "reply", and look for the smiley at the top of the editor "box" ... you click on it, and voila ... lots of smilies to choose from, like this one ... :thanks:

:thumbsup:

T

Top Bottom