**CC Ecosse (East) RV ride - Saturday 3 March**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
No one else has arranged anything and, as so many people ;) are so sad :cry: that they missed last week's RV, I have been monitoring the weather and think it might not :rain: too heavily on Saturday, so I am going to ride to the LOCHEND CAFE, near Scotlandwell, Kinross.

I aim to be there for 1130-1200 and the usual routine for an RV Ride applies:
- date, place and time arranged
- you can ride as far :bicycle: or as short :cycle: as you wish to get there (or drive/ride :evil:)
- we meet, have CAKE :hungry: - and anything else you wish
- you are free to leave whenever you want, to ride on or head back

The weather forecast looks :sun::rain::cold::heat: ... :scratch:= the usual, though it could be a bit windy heading back south. Especially over Cleish Hill ... :crazy:

Anyone want to come along :wahhey: ?

Apologies for the short notice but the weather forecast has changed so much ... :whistle:

edindave

Über Member
Sounds like a good ride, but I'll be at Gifford Road Races (on the right side of the Forth :thumbsup:).

Have fun :smile:

ACS

Legendary Member
David

Thanks for this, sadly I have an appointment in Dundee at 11 am and it is just something I cannot wriggle out of. Feeble excuse to avoid a much need double sprint over Falkland Hill :whistle:

As an aside are you aware of this? Audrey Fyfe memorial ride (AKA Not the ToEL)

Can supply contact details to anyone who may be interested.

Pedal pusher

Veteran
No one else has arranged anything and, as so many people ;) are so sad :cry: that they missed last week's RV, I have been monitoring the weather and think it might not :rain: too heavily on Saturday, so I am going to ride to the LOCHEND CAFE, near Scotlandwell, Kinross.
Thanks for the invite but have to work on Saturday - hope the weather stays dry lots of layers may be required
I aim to be there for 1130-1200 and the usual routine for an RV Ride applies:
- date, place and time arranged
- you can ride as far :bicycle: or as short :cycle: as you wish to get there (or drive/ride :evil:)
- we meet, have CAKE :hungry: - and anything else you wish
- you are free to leave whenever you want, to ride on or head back

The weather forecast looks :sun::rain::cold::heat: ... :scratch:= the usual, though it could be a bit windy heading back south. Especially over Cleish Hill ... :crazy:

Anyone want to come along :wahhey: ?

Apologies for the short notice but the weather forecast has changed so much ... :whistle:

gavintc

Guru
Sadly, I cannot make it as will be in the air headed back to Napoli from Edinburgh. I enjoyed the last ride out - must do more when I am properly established back in Edinburgh.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Sorry Scoosh(ie), no can do! Hope you are having a nice dry ride, that you weren't rendezvous-ing on your lonesome at the cafe ...:hello:

In a way I'm glad I only just found this, now that it's too late. Otherwise I would have minded having to work today :angel: even more, if that makes sense! :wacko: Here is hoping that I can finish my task today, and go for a wee ride in the:sun: tomorrow... The new bike :wub: :wahhey: is going out on dry roads only until I get the mudguards sorted ...:whistle:

T

OP
OP
Scoosh

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
It turned out to be a better RV Ride than I was thinking when I set out. ^_^

What was I thinking ?
- grumph, grumph. It's going to be 100km by the time I get home again ... the weather looks pretty miserable :rain: (low cloud with rain up ahead of me) ... maybe I'll skip doing Cleish Hill on the way back ... mutter, mutter ... no one else - on my own again ... why didn't I post up earlier in the week :headshake: , as it's easier to call off than to arrange at such ridiculously short notice ... wind is due to pick up later, so will be a headwind all the way back ... Cleish Hill for the first time this year :eek: - have I got the legs for it ? ...

What happened ?

- very light drizzle by Forth Bridge, rain clouds kept nicely ahead of me, wind at my back, new top speed of 67.61 kph :hyper: [downhill] (smiling at the time too :thumbsup:) AND reached the Cafe bang on 1200 - to see 2 others there already :wahhey:.

Seamab and ex-CCer Mr Ridley had just arrived, so we had a very pleasant hour of chat and repast (fruit crumble :hungry: , for those who need to know :rolleyes:) and then we ALL set off for Cleish Hill. They two shot off the front - well my front anyway :surrender: - then waited for me at the top; No one gets left behind on a CC Ride :thumbsup:.

We descended, Seamab took his road for home and Mr R and I continued till he reached a suitable road for going back to Glasgow. Yes, he had ridden from Glasweegieland :eek: and by the time he returned, he would have done something over 100 (not flat) miles. :bicycle: Chapeau ! :bravo:

I managed to make it back home - fair tuckered out - but had had a great ride and thoroughly enjoyed the day.

Thanks to Seamab and ex-Mr Ridley :cheers:.

OP
OP
Scoosh

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
email from Mr R shows that he had a tough old ride back to the west :
That route coming back thru Culross was a toughie as there was a big headwind so i left the coast path and went on the road for a bit of shelter.
... Larbert looked at the train which i just missed
:bicycle:
anyway used the card to buy supplies in Tesco, crisps,juice and a flapjack and a bit of a rest for 20 mins, which was good as I had a little over 30k to get home. Once on the way the rain started again and was really heavy this time, no option but to ride on through it. Got home just before 7pm knackered but not too bad
180k/110 miles :eek: av speed 14.2mph :bravo:

Col5632

Guru
I went for a cycle yesterday but had no idea this was happening till i logged on this morning, thanks for the heads up though Scoosh ^_^

I think it was the cleish hill i tackled but im not brilliant with place names, heres my 22 mile route http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/72386892

Top marks to Mr R thats some ride and effort, the wind from kelty to kingseat was a total nightmare, av speed in the wind was something like 7-9mph :ohmy:

Top Bottom