CC Ecosse East

T d F or linlithgow?

• T d F

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Linthgow

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Glad you all had a good time - wish I'd been there, but there you are. Families & their lack of communication :smile:

I see the miracle of a CC ride bringing the sun out at Blackness Castle happened again, although I bet there was no toddler there this time wanting you all to line up so she could take a photo with her camera!!

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
goo_mason said:
Glad you all had a good time - wish I'd been there, but there you are. Families & their lack of communication :sad:

I see the miracle of a CC ride bringing the sun out at Blackness Castle happened again, although I bet there was no toddler there this time wanting you all to line up so she could take a photo with her camera!!
Funny you should mention that ..... we were remembering it too :biggrin:.

Next year, we'll be remembering sleekitcollie's exploding tyre (while bike was leaning against the castle wall :ohmy: ) and TechMech's observation that **"Yes, indeed, the tube has a hole in it !"** ....

... and that one does NOT ride a bike across the grass (obviously :smile:).

**[the sanitised version :smile:]

sleekitcollie

scoosh said:
Funny you should mention that ..... we were remembering it too :biggrin:.

Next year, we'll be remembering sleekitcollie's exploding tyre (while bike was leaning against the castle wall :biggrin: ) and TechMech's observation that **"Yes, indeed, the tube has a hole in it !"** ....

... and that one does NOT ride a bike across the grass (obviously :smile:).

**[the sanitised version :smile:]
Don't think I'll forget the tyre episode for a while
on that note I'm was going to change my tyres and the big bang has brought this forward a bit . Looking for some help in choosing my new ones
looking at 3 at the moment which I think fit the bill for me ( looking for less rolling resistance but good puncture protection is very high on priority list also should be able to cope with the odd ash cycle path / canal path . And the odd weekend camping / loaded trip . Mostly though be used on normal roads like the Sunday run just passed )
3 I'm thinking off are :-
conti gatorskins
spez armadillos
Bontrager Race Lite Hardcase
size wize was thinking 25's but would 28's be better for
weekend loaded trips
would there be a noticable speed / resistance difference in 25's or 28's
I've already spoke to satins budgie re the Bontrager Race Lite Hardcase
and he very kindly gave me a good review of them . So any help/ info / opinions would be very much appreciated
thanx

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
It was really nice to see you all and don't worry about shooting off like that, I stayed and had a meal before having an enjoyable little walk back along the cycle path to Linlithgow.

I was rather sleep deprived anyway, so wasn't really up to much to be honest with you.

The only really outrageously shocking moment was then I mentioned the lightbulb AND NOBODY KNEW WHAT I MEANT!!

Geez, WHAT do you all look at on here?? :smile:

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
sleekitcollie said:
Don't think I'll forget the tyre episode for a while
on that note I'm was going to change my tyres and the big bang has brought this forward a bit . Looking for some help in choosing my new ones
looking at 3 at the moment which I think fit the bill for me ( looking for less rolling resistance but good puncture protection is very high on priority list also should be able to cope with the odd ash cycle path / canal path . And the odd weekend camping / loaded trip . Mostly though be used on normal roads like the Sunday run just passed )
3 I'm thinking off are :-
conti gatorskins
spez armadillos
Bontrager Race Lite Hardcase
size wize was thinking 25's but would 28's be better for
weekend loaded trips
would there be a noticable speed / resistance difference in 25's or 28's
I've already spoke to satins budgie re the Bontrager Race Lite Hardcase
and he very kindly gave me a good review of them . So any help/ info / opinions would be very much appreciated
thanx

I use 28 mm Conti Gatorskins for general utility riding, without problems.

sleekitcollie

bought a pair of conti Gatorskins 28's from a very nice man:biggrin: :biggrin:
got em on the bike quick 5 miles feel good :biggrin: get out a decent run 2morrow i hope and test em proper ..
hopefully "big bang " free :girl: ... sure they will be good
thanks for the info and advice guys
and thanx to the very nice man i got them from :bravo:

TechMech

sleekitcollie said:
bought a pair of conti Gatorskins 28's from a very nice man:biggrin: :laugh:
got em on the bike quick 5 miles feel good :biggrin: get out a decent run 2morrow i hope and test em proper ..
hopefully "big bang " free :smile: ... sure they will be good
thanks for the info and advice guys
and thanx to the very nice man i got them from :ohmy:

Who was that then :smile:

sleekitcollie

TechMech said:
Who was that then :laugh:

Big guy fre Perth :ohmy: lol

sleekitcollie

had a wee ride today with my new "go faster" tyres and my new "go faster " mark beaumont cycle the world top:smile: felt good with my new tyres on 35 miles along the same route as we went on sunday but with a wee visit to
http://www.revolutionarybikes.com/ the guy john we met at the Bistro , he is moving to new premises nxt week just along the road but had time for a chat and showed me round .
even though it was a hilly route and strong headwind i managed to up my ave speed by good cpl MPH from normal ( non hilly route usually ) :wahhey:

Top Bottom