CC Ecosse Lochs and Glens tour 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fubar

Guru
Stock Triban wheels aren't worth saving :tongue:

I struggle to fix a puncture, failed to replace a gear cable, servicing a hub might as well be building a base on Mars given how likely it is to end with success if I'm in charge of it :-p

I can never get the bolts correctly torqued - always either too loose or too tight. Leave it to the pros ;)

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
There's something quite comforting about knowing exactly how everything on your bike has been put together (either knowing it's done right, or knowing what you've not done right so need to watch). If you can get on a maintenance course then you would find it useful. Either that or buy and do up a cheap old bike with the help of youtube which is what I did. :smile:

OP
OP
Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
There's something quite comforting about knowing exactly how everything on your bike has been put together (either knowing it's done right, or knowing what you've not done right so need to watch).
Yes, quite.
Like my newly fitted shorter stem - who said "I've never seen a stem so short"? :whistle: :tongue:
Bike sooo comfy, steering so good. Discovered the old one that came with the bike was not properly tight! :ohmy:

anothersam

SMIDSMe
This is a tale of conquered hills, of endurance, of overcome fears, of great comradeship.
We rode up and down the Scottish hills and glens, among beautiful scenes of forests and waterfalls; we suffered, we cried and we rejoiced to be safe together at the end of each day.
Enjoyed this. Belatedly.

There's something quite comforting about knowing exactly how everything on your bike has been put together
Yes! Though I don’t consider myself to be worth much as a mechanic, it’s very satisfying (when it’s not too thrilling).

Not on this one you didn't! Actually I think this tour was my favourite.
The six pints were just for fun then? :tongue:

Top Bottom