CC Ecosse Pedal for Cake Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes, I haven't been on any other CC Ecosse rides this year...yes I know. The main reason for that is time. I seem to have very little of it this year. (I wonder why....). However, I've freed my diary, and I thought, hmmm, lets do something a little different.

So on Saturday September the 4th 2010 a new annual event will be born. The CC Ecosse Pedal for Cake Ride. This ride will have a number of special features:

* Cake. It will be supplied at the end of the ride. This year that will be a chez Magnatom, however, it is expected (and hoped) that this will be somewhere else each year.

* It will consist of 100 miles (ish) of riding, which this year will begin in Glasgow (ok either Torrance or more likely Bishopbriggs due to the locality of the train station). It will
then head to Edinburgh, possibly with a stop for some food/drink etc and then head back to Glasgow (Torrance) for some well earned triple chocolate brownie. Yum! :hungry:

* There will be inane chatter, friendly banter and general leg pulling, and and enough cycling to get us there and back

* No-one will be left behind

For those who don't want the full 100 mile challenge it would be possible to do 50 miles either way, whichever suits best.

Obviously the details need to be fine tuned (e.g. the small matter of the route) but this is an early call to make sure you keep that Saturday free.

So, if you want to be able to tell your grandchildren, 'I was there when it all started...' then you know what to do. :biggrin:

(Magnatom and family can accept no responsibility for any weight gain caused by participation in this ride)

Coco

Sooooooo tempted to make it my first ton

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Ah pooh! I hate setting a specific date, but seeing as my wife will be doing the cooking! :rolleyes:

Sorry you can't make it Scook! :sad:

HLaB the problem is that I don't know the roads that well on the way to Edinburgh. I've only been as far east as Kilsyth. The roads that way aren't too bad from memory.

Ah pooh! I hate setting a specific date, but seeing as my wife will be doing the cooking! :rolleyes:

Sorry you can't make it Scook! :sad:

HLaB the problem is that I don't know the roads that well on the way to Edinburgh. I've only been as far east as Kilsyth. The roads that way aren't too bad from memory.

Ive done Edinburgh to Kilsyth a few time I'll see what I can find :-)

Edit here's something but it wasn't so flat and there's no quieter roads until east of Denny

Edit 2 looking at it you could go the way you know to Kilsyth then turn right down the B802 to Croy and Balloch straight through the roundabout and continue on the B802 and cut left at some point (Blackdog Road or Glenmavis) on to the quiet B803 and Wattson. Slamannan - Avonbridge - Standburn - Linlithgow - Winchburgh - Kirliston - Edinburgh (Cramond Bridge) is easy to navigate.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
We've got a visitor that weekend ...
Not sure he can be convinced to go out for a ride with a lot of strangers, but we'll ask.
Maybe the promise of brownies (and/or good company) will do the trick! ;)

T

Very tempting ... I will have to check with the management, but pencil me in.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
We've got a visitor that weekend ...
Not sure he can be convinced to go out for a ride with a lot of strangers, but we'll ask.
Maybe the promise of brownies (and/or good company) will do the trick! ;)

T

A visitor arriving just before midnight on Friday.... it may take a lot of persuasion but we will see...

OP
OP
M

magnatom

A visitor arriving just before midnight on Friday.... it may take a lot of persuasion but we will see...

Just tell your visitor they'd be meeting the great Magnatom! :thumbsup:

You could always just do 50 miles. Is your visitor a cyclist?

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Ive done Edinburgh to Kilsyth a few time I'll see what I can find :-)

Edit here's something but it wasn't so flat and there's no quieter roads until east of Denny

Edit 2 looking at it you could go the way you know to Kilsyth then turn right down the B802 to Croy and Balloch straight through the roundabout and continue on the B802 and cut left at some point (Blackdog Road or Glenmavis) on to the quiet B803 and Wattson. Slamannan - Avonbridge - Standburn - Linlithgow - Winchburgh - Kirliston - Edinburgh (Cramond Bridge) is easy to navigate.

HLaB, if you get a chance could you map that? It's always good to look at it in the flesh, and it would let everyone gauge the hills.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Touche and SB, glad to have your pencil marks. I have the indelible ink marker at the ready for when you;ve firmed up.

There will of course be no wimping out because of the weather! :rain::bicycle:

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
I'm on holiday that week so won't be attending unfortunately! Fortunately I am taking my bike on holiday though!
biggrin.gif

Top Bottom