CC Ecosse - Perth this Sat?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Seamab

I find myself stuck in Perth this Sat (childrens' taxi service!) between 10am - 4pm, so i thought i might try and recreate Techmecs' CC ecosse route of last year.
I'll be setting off from the North Inch Community Campus carpark circa 10am. (near the big Asda)

I realise it's a bit last minute, but if anyone is able to join me....

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Saturday ... hmm ... might manage that :eek:.

Weather looks better than Sunday too :ohmy:

sleekitcollie

I'll try make it . Should be home from nightshift by 8.30 . Quick turn about I could make it . Could u let me know details of route . Distance etc and rough speed u be doing . If u pm a contact number in case I get held uo at work etc that be good

OP
OP
S

Seamab

Stewart - here is the approx route (only 65K/ 40m)

I'll just go at whatever pace suits. No rush. Should be plenty of time to fit in a pubstop at Pitcairngreen.

Will send you a PM

sleekitcollie

guys , i was out today after my nightshift don 26 miles and struggled a bit , its been hard week at work and tonight will be the same so i think im going to give sat run with u guys a miss , i might be ok but would hate to hold anyone up if im struggling , sorry
i will hopefully get out around my area thought myself

cheers guys hope u have a good run and hope to catch up sometime soon

adscrim

Veteran
Other than a little extra beginning and end, I did this route on Wednesday morning on my way to work. It's a lovely run although the road on the west side of little glenshee is showing some damage as you go through the trees approaching the B8063, particularly on the left, so be careful as you descend. Also, the ford os a little worse for wear. Cracking route though, particulary once through Buchanty and the road becomes smooth and basically drops all the way back to Luncarty. I would happily join you but I'm spending the day on a bouncey castle instead! I was joined on Wednesday by roe deer on three seperate occassions, young grouse, tiny baby rabbits, brown hares and countless buzzards.

PS it's referred to as the 'Wylie Coyote' in our house!

OP
OP
S

Seamab

sleekitcollie said:
guys , i was out today after my nightshift don 26 miles and struggled a bit , its been hard week at work and tonight will be the same so i think im going to give sat run with u guys a miss , i might be ok but would hate to hold anyone up if im struggling , sorry
i will hopefully get out around my area thought myself

cheers guys hope u have a good run and hope to catch up sometime soon
No worries. If you change your mind in the morning send me a text before 10am.

OP
OP
S

Seamab

adscrim said:
Other than a little extra beginning and end, I did this route on Wednesday morning on my way to work. It's a lovely run although the road on the west side of little glenshee is showing some damage as you go through the trees approaching the B8063, particularly on the left, so be careful as you descend. Also, the ford os a little worse for wear. Cracking route though, particulary once through Buchanty and the road becomes smooth and basically drops all the way back to Luncarty. I would happily join you but I'm spending the day on a bouncey castle instead! I was joined on Wednesday by roe deer on three seperate occassions, young grouse, tiny baby rabbits, brown hares and countless buzzards.

PS it's referred to as the 'Wylie Coyote' in our house!
I think all the CC'ers really enjoyed this route last year. We stopped for lunch at a pub just after rejoining the B road after the Little Glenshee descent. Thanks for the warning re the poor road surface.
You are lucky to have such a nice route on your doorstep. The few times i've been in Glenalmond i've seen red squirrels. Actually i've seen a few recently near Muckhart for the first time - they must be making a comeback.

Seamab said:
I think all the CC'ers really enjoyed this route last year. We stopped for lunch at a pub just after rejoining the B road after the Little Glenshee descent. Thanks for the warning re the poor road surface.
You are lucky to have such a nice route on your doorstep. The few times i've been in Glenalmond i've seen red squirrels. Actually i've seen a few recently near Muckhart for the first time - they must be making a comeback.
OT the last time I saw a red squirell and the first for a long time, was near your way I decided to get of the main track and head to Vicar's Bridge, near Blaringone.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Have a great ride all, I really enjoyed this route last year ...
Too many things to do tomorrow, and then there is the Nocturne in Edinburgh in the evening (see the thread in Racing, if you haven't discovered it already). I am afraid I can't spend the whole day doing cycling related stuff :ohmy:.

Hope to see some of you near the Grassmarket/bottom of Victoria Street?

T

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Telemark said:
Have a great ride all, I really enjoyed this route last year ...
Too many things to do tomorrow, and then there is the Nocturne in Edinburgh in the evening (see the thread in Racing, if you haven't discovered it already). I am afraid I can't spend the whole day doing cycling related stuff :shy:.

Hope to see some of you near the Grassmarket/bottom of Victoria Street?

T
Why not ? It's Saturday :biggrin:

Are we meeting anywhere beforehand for a ginger beer or two ? :ohmy:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
scoosh said:
Why not ? It's Saturday :biggrin:

Are we meeting anywhere beforehand for a ginger beer or two ? :ohmy:

My excuse is that I need to harvest a few kg of strawberries and various other produce for consumption over the weekend :shy::hungry:, I will use the bike for transport of the goods though :biggrin: ...

Would be nice to meet up before the evening races - shall we move to the Nocture thread for further discussion on that?

T

Top Bottom