CC Ecosse Rendezvous ride - Sat 7 Nov 09

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
JiMBR said:
As AMD says...enjoy your day out peeps.

If it wasn'tweren't* for the fact that I have other things on this weekend, I would be joining you.
Corrected for you, to assist understanding :biggrin:

* see sig :biggrin:

:rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:

Jane Smart

The Queen
AMD said:
Enjoy your day guys and gals...........I'll be with you in spirit (and in person at Vane Farm :biggrin: - either in the cafe or shop).

Jane, how about a ride on Monday? I'll bring out my hybrid too as it makes me feel like a kid again - what about the coastal path - I've not been along there for ages?

Angie, I am doing a spinning class on Monday morning ( 11am ) but if you would like to go out in the afternoon, say around 2pm that is ok with me :biggrin:

Not sure the hybrid would be suitable though, for some parts of the coastal path, especially through Aberdour to Burntisland, some rough parts there

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Telemark said:
:biggrin: reporting back after a couple of days down south for work.

Yay the forecast looks promising, dry enough for even the biggest jessies :biggrin:, but possibly a wee bit chilly :laugh: (for another sort of jessie :blush:).

Meeting Scoosh at the FRB sounds good (which side? Ed or Fife?),Ed side might be better, as I am intending to head off through Rosyth and Embra/St A route over Cleish Hill 10-ish? OK, 10 @ South side of FRB :smile:Remember I haven't been on the bike since the last CC Ecosse ride, so I'll need to take it easy ... so what's different ? [runs for cover] ;), but at least the virus is gone :biggrin:.

We/some of us could also meet BhoyJim off the train somewhere (Haymarket? Dalmeny?) or whatever is easiest... do you want to name a place & ETA?

Looking forward to meeting a few new faces (to me anyway), Jane (and her new bike!) AMcD and Kfinlay :rolleyes:+ "old" ones of course ;). We were thinking of this route or similar (NCN1 most of the way across the Cleish Hills), probably best to meet up in Milnathort?

Sorry to hear you are not allowed out on the bike HonestMan, hope you are better soon!

T
See you all tomorrow - somewhere on the road ..... :laugh: :thumbsup:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Jane Smart said:
Angie, I am doing a spinning class on Monday morning ( 11am ) but if you would like to go out in the afternoon, say around 2pm that is ok with me :biggrin:

Not sure the hybrid would be suitable though, for some parts of the coastal path, especially through Aberdour to Burntisland, some rough parts there
Are you discussing the paths or the social environment :ohmy:

:sad:

Hybrids are fine on the coastal path - but maybe not if they are very new, polished daily and kept in the living room :laugh:

MrRidley

Okay, i could be at Waverly or Dalmeny anytime after 9am if anyone wishes to meet me, if you are all making your own way thats ok as i dont want anyone coming out of their route unnecessarily.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
bhoyjim said:
Okay, i could be at Waverly or Dalmeny anytime after 9am if anyone wishes to meet me, if you are all making your own way thats ok as i dont want anyone coming out of their route unnecessarily.

Is there a direct train to Dalmeny for you? I didn't realise that existed! Either is fine with us, we'll almost certainly go past Dalmeny station, and Haymarket isn't much out of the way either, your call! Dalmeny 9:40/45 or Haymarket 9-ish? Or if you prefer, Waverley, but I thought all Glasgow trains stop at Haymarket anyway?

T:smile:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
scoosh said:
See you all tomorrow - somewhere on the road ..... :bicycle: :thumbsup:
OK, see you 10-ish on the south side (Eastern cycle path).

scoosh said:
so what's different ? [runs for cover]
Oi! Just wait until I get my new go-faster :biggrin: (and don't have to work stupid hours & part weekends any more :wacko:)

T

Jane Smart

The Queen
Well what can I say, what a fantastic day I have had. First of all, I pass this couple in dunfermline, looking at a map and I recognise the CC top and also the beard. So I stop my car and went to them to say hello, they thought it was some mad woman ( I think ) anyway, it was HJ and his lovely wife. Then I arrive at Vane Farm and met up with Satans Budgie. We cycle along to Milnathort ( on the road it was great! ) and meet up with our Scoosh, HJ and his wife and Kev. Lovely lunch, great company and also good weather:becool:

Cycle back to Vane farm and meet AMcd for a coffee and had a good blether with her.

Then to the LBS and get a set of lights put on my bike.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to meet up today, once again, what a lovely lot you are :smile:

Photo to follow, I need to hoover my car first B)

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Nice photo Jane! Scoosh is glowing in the dark ;)

That was fun :biggrin:! Six of us arrived by different routes to meet up at the Heaven Scent Cafe in Milnathort ... shame the "maybe-s" couldn't make it :sad:. Thanks SB for the great idea!

Here is our side of the story :thumbsup:, we'll post some pictures in a bit. HJ and I set off from Edinburgh for the Forth Road Bridge where we were meeting Scoosh, but arrived quite early and went down the wee road past Hopetoun to pass the time and not get too cold - it was quite nippy in the shade :cold:. Nice views of the bridges and the autumn colours in the sunshine :sun:, pretty amazing really for early November, with hardly a breeze.

The three of us crossed the FRB together and then parted again, with Scoosh following the Edinburgh-St Andrews route via Rosyth, whereas we wanted to test-ride the NCN 1 (North Sea Cycle Route) through Inverkeithing and east of Dunfermline. After several wrong turns due to weird cycle lanes we had nearly made it out of Dunfermline, when a car stopped in front of us and a woman in cycle gear emerged and ran towards us. That's what happens when you go cycling with HJ displaying CC colours ... strange women stop and want to talk to you ;). She turned out to be Jane Smart :bicycle:. We introduced ourselves and parted company again, with us cyling on and Jane heading off to refuel (the c**, not herself just yet ;). We'll pick you up by bike next time, if you want, Jane?). A little later, we had stopped in a lay-by, another cyclist caught up with us and asked if we were "going for the meet" ... Slightly confused we said we were heading to Milnathort, and it turned out the rider was Kfinlay, who had also spotted HJ's CC jersey :bicycle:.

He was happy to follow us/lead us up the Cleish Hills on his very smart & speedy looking road bike. After a photo stop at the top of the climb, the boys zoomed off down the hairpin bend, with me following at my best downhill jessie pace :blush:.

The cafe was easy to find, and Satans Budgie, Jane and Scoosh were already tucking into their lunch :hungry:, having arrived a few minutes earlier. After much eating, drinking and chatting, we admired Jane's shiny new steed, took some more photos and said good bye to SB & Kfinlay. The rest of us headed south again, with Jane disappearing towards Vane Farm and yet another cafe/cyclechat :ohmy: after a few miles.

Soon afterwards I could feel my legs starting to run out of energy (I blame the last 3 weeks of enforced rest from cycling, due to the stupid virus that's now gone, thankfully), and HJ was struggling a bit too (not another cough/cold please!). Scoosh slowed down and stayed with us (in true CC Ecosse style, thanks! :biggrin:). It was fun trying out new roads - a MUCH better route than the official NCN1 - thanks Scoosh :smile:. At Inverkeithing HJ and I decided to call it a day and hop on the train back home, whereas Scoosh carried on back across the FRB - probably the longest ride of all of us for the day :bravo:? Ours turned out to be just over 70k, not bad for a first day back in the saddle :thumbsup:. It certainly woke up the legs again, just what I needed ;).

Thanks guys, that was my highlight of the week :biggrin:, back to work tomorrow xx(. Hope to see you all soon again!

Now off to download photos ...

T

Top Bottom