Scotland : Edinburgh & Lothians CC Ecosse RV ride - Sat 15th February

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Yes, either at Glasgow Green or somewhere around Drumpellier. Has anyone got a strava / RWGPS track of PFS?
This is the official PFS route, on Garmin. Probably better off with Rasmus' route since it avoids Airdrie...

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
The Coffee Neuk - that's the one I meant earlier but couldn't remember the name :blush:
All looking good, bowing to @Scoosh's superior experience age :tongue: ... thinking @Fubar and I might be of a similar vintage :giggle:, from elsewhere on here :whistle:

T

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
What 50's?:whistle:

Nae more cake for you, Mr! :cycle:

The number you mention features neither in my age nor in my date of birth :tongue:, and I don't think it does in @Fubar's either (unless I've mis-read elsewhere :scratch:, which is always possible).
Not that there is anything wrong with the 50ies - aren't they the new 30ies ? I still have that to look forward to :thumbsup:

T

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Let's get this thread back on topic before @Rasmus kicks all of us off this ride :ohmy: for blethering ... (you are welcome to put @mr messy in the naughty corner, though :thumbsup:)

Looks like there is lots of interest in the ride:wahhey:, it'll be really good to catch up with everybody and maybe meet our newbie CC Ecosser @ScotiaLass :highfive:. We could always split up at the cake stop and sit in the two cafes across the wee square :laugh: if there isn't enough space in one or the other for all of us. I seem to remember the Neuk had a surprising number of tables inside, slightly hazy memory because we sat outside in the sunshine and only went indoors briefly to select the cake :hungry: - nothing to do with age, before anybody (or should that be somebody) insinuates something along these lines :ninja:...:tongue:

T

Mr_Grieve

Über Member
I would keen to come too (if only to see how @Fubar has aged :tongue:) but whether I'm allowed to is dependent on Mrs_Grieve.

OP
OP
Rasmus

Rasmus

Without a clever title
Let's get this thread back on topic before @Rasmus kicks all of us off this ride :ohmy: for blethering ... (you are welcome to put @mr messy in the naughty corner, though :thumbsup:)

Looks like there is lots of interest in the ride:wahhey:, it'll be really good to catch up with everybody and maybe meet our newbie CC Ecosser @ScotiaLass :highfive:. We could always split up at the cake stop and sit in the two cafes across the wee square :laugh: if there isn't enough space in one or the other for all of us. I seem to remember the Neuk had a surprising number of tables inside, slightly hazy memory because we sat outside in the sunshine and only went indoors briefly to select the cake :hungry: - nothing to do with age, before anybody (or should that be somebody) insinuates something along these lines :ninja:...:tongue:

T

There is no ride, only an RV :tongue: - so no one to kick out.

I did a bit of google streetview'ing around the square and spotted a few sheffield stands, so I am no longer that apprehensive about this location.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
There is no ride, only an RV :tongue: - so no one to kick out.

I did a bit of google streetview'ing around the square and spotted a few sheffield stands, so I am no longer that apprehensive about this location.

Looks like it might turn into a Westies ride though from earlier comments ;), and possibly an Easties ride, too?, RV-ing in the middle :rolleyes:...

The central bit of Linlithgow seems to be quite safe, I wouldn't hesitate to leave my bike locked up around there, whether to a Sheffield stand or a lamp post or something ... (most CC Ecosse bike would probably be much more attractive to any passing thieves anyway :giggle:)

T

Last edited:

Mr_Grieve

Über Member
If you DO go you could meet me/us in Dunfermline and cycle from here?

I was thinking I could meet you in Dunfermline too (as long as your happy to slow down a bit from your usual pace I've seen on your recent rides :ohmy:). I did wonder about cycling from Kirkcaldy but suspect Mrs_Grieve wouldn't be happy to be left alone with the little Grieves for so long. If I do go then I'll probably drive to Dunfermline then cycle from there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom