Scotland : Glasgow & Clyde Valley CC Ecosse Three Ferries Saturday 21st March

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Somebuddy rocked up at the first ferry sporting a shiny carbon Boardman, on which he was having so much fun that he was frequently to be seen leading the way rather than trailing behind. Brandane had been conned convinced to join the ride,

I noticed that too! So much for @Somebuddy 's patter about wanting me to come along so that he would have someone to ride with "at touring pace". If that was touring pace, I'd love to see him in a hurry :laugh:. Mind you, the alarm bells should have been ringing when a "tour" means coast to coast across America :notworthy:.

Rasmus

Without a clever title
The Loch Tarsan road looks as stunning as I remember it. Can we have some Argyll & Bute road crews dispatched to North Somerset, please?

Another awesome day out with CC Ecosse... the quality of the roads and the weather :sun:matched only by the company. I turned the ride into a five ferries by taking the Yoker-Renfrew ferry as part of my ride to the start (and again on the last leg).

Last year I made it up that climb with one brief stop when I mistakenly thought I was at the top, whereas this year I struggled badly :surrender: (I had very little left in my legs for the climbs after that either). Following a slightly erm, 'lumpy' route from Glasgow to Gourock that I nicked (mostly) from @Rasmus may not have been the most sensible preparation for the main ride for a mere mortal such as me (especially one that has barely seen a hill so far this year!) :heat:

That aside, I really enjoyed the day and I look forward to tackling it again soon! :okay:

Somebuddy

Über Member
Guys........... I feel I'm being mis represented here........
First kool vids, nice how you managed to get your shadow in shot.
And everyone keeps mentioning the road surface, but it was just perfect.
Now how come the video doesn't show me pushing my bike up the 20% hill with everyone overtaking. Or being second last into the wee ferry port only because Mike's chain snapped otherwise I would have been last! I only lead the way for seconds because I headed off before the others........honest.

Anyway thanks to all, I'm glad I came along.

MikeW-71

Veteran
Yebbut, you managed to push your bike up the hill faster than I was able to ride mine! I think I may have stopped for a breather; in the semi-conscious state I was in at that stage, I can't be sure :heat:.
Quite! I didn't even make it as far as your breather, Ross had ground to a halt a bit further back. We might have needed another couple of breathers before we made it up :shy::heat:

MikeW-71

Veteran
How how come the video doesn't show me pushing my bike up the 20% hill with everyone overtaking. Or being second last into the wee ferry port only because Mike's chain snapped otherwise I would have been last! I only lead the way for seconds because I headed off before the others........honest.

Anyway thanks to all, I'm glad I came along.
I was too far behind to see you walking, was thinking about doing that myself, but I'm too bloody-minded :smile:

And you were only 2nd last to the ferry because you stopped with me when the chain broke:thumbsup:

That's what a social ride is about anyway, we stop and wait at the top and bottom of the big hills to regroup and see that everyone's OK. :smile:

PS. Take that bike on your Sportive... you'll smash it :boxing:

Top Bottom