CC Llandovery Ride. Sat 26th May.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lukesdad

Schedueling this one for May, so preffered dates please. I should be OK for any friday saturday or sunday. Suggestions only from those likely to attend. Meet 10 am Castle car park, (parking all day £1). Good rail service on the central wales line.

Classic road route, taking in the views of Llynne Brianne, the Devils staircase, the beautiful valley down to Llant'd Wells and the decent off sugar loaf. Used by many Sportives inc. The Autumn epic. Road surfaces are excellent as are tea shops ^_^ Pace to suit slowest rider. Route distance tad over 40 miles, I think graham has a route map he can post ?

So come on give it a go, you know you want to ! One of the must do routes in Wales

...am I over selling it ? :blush:

pubrunner

Legendary Member
Schedueling this one for May, so preffered dates please. I should be OK for any friday saturday or sunday. Suggestions only from those likely to attend. Meet 10 am Castle car park, (parking all day £1). Good rail service on the central wales line.

Classic road route, taking in the views of Llynne Brianne, the Devils staircase, the beautiful valley down to Llant'd Wells and the decent off sugar loaf. Used by many Sportives inc. The Autumn epic. Road surfaces are excellent as are tea shops ^_^ Pace to suit slowest rider. Route distance tad over 40 miles, I think graham has a route map he can post ?

So come on give it a go, you know you want to ! One of the must do routes in Wales

...am I over selling it ? :blush:

I'm interested in doing this ride, but in May, I can only do Saturdays - 12th, 19th & 26th.

If Banjo's going, I'd better get some training in . . . . . . and some weight off !

No pub stop ? I cycle better on Guinness ^_^ . . . or Rev. James.

Pace to suit slowest rider.

That'd be me, then ^_^

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
26th is about the only day for me and even that I cant fully commit to as much as I would like to.

Dont worry Pubrunner I am like the Michelin Man on two wheels at the moment.All my efforts to lose a bit have failed, as a last resort I may have to cut back on eating and drinking a bit.^_^

It is a great route ,very scenic and not much traffic.

hmmm, 3hrs by Jalopy and a whole two months in which to wiggle this way or that way on the matter. I'll express an interest LD, as in I'd really like to come along but fate has been unkind to me this year, so we'll see. I can't do the 20th, well I might be able to but I'll be in, you owe me, hoc, for some time. I wouldn't rule it out just because of me anyhow, as I'm fickle. Hills you say? I believe I might have one I can practise on around here somewhere.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Ahhh, I put this into Google maps and my house is only 198 miles away from the start point (if I cycle up the M4 hard shoulder). Would have to go round the block to bring up the 200! Much as I would like to come along LD, I think this may be off the menu :whistle:

OP
OP
lukesdad

lukesdad

I'm interested in doing this ride, but in May, I can only do Saturdays - 12th, 19th & 26th.

If Banjo's going, I'd better get some training in . . . . . . and some weight off !

No pub stop ? I cycle better on Guinness ^_^ . . . or Rev. James.

That'd be me, then ^_^

Funny you should say that pubby, theres a pub situated right next door to both tea stops :thumbsup:

OP
OP
lukesdad

lukesdad

Ahhh, I put this into Google maps and my house is only 198 miles away from the start point (if I cycle up the M4 hard shoulder). Would have to go round the block to bring up the 200! Much as I would like to come along LD, I think this may be off the menu :whistle:

Im sure there s a tough South easterner' ll turn up SD, cadge a lift. Tap that Jay geezer Im sure he d love to come ;)

Doseone

Guru
Can I come? I could provide the others with competition to be slowest up the hills. 26th ok with me.

OP
OP
lukesdad

lukesdad

26th is about the only day for me and even that I cant fully commit to as much as I would like to.

Dont worry Pubrunner I am like the Michelin Man on two wheels at the moment.All my efforts to lose a bit have failed, as a last resort I may have to cut back on eating and drinking a bit.^_^

It is a great route ,very scenic and not much traffic.
Is yours and pubbys weight loss bet still running ?

Top Bottom