CCTV catches "distracted" drivers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
Crankarm said:
Speak for yourself........Wait a minute you previously said you don't own a car. Were you a passenger or was it.........the car.........hot? You occasionally hear about these type of people they have to do it in dangerous places or situations. There was the film Crash which was sick.

I did used to own a car and no it was not the car!!!!! Although I did hear a story once about a girl who did have sex with her car and was caught in the act!!! It was'nt moving at the time though:blush:!

DJ

hackbike 666 said:
No.

Sadly indicative of a selfish populous unwilling to accept responsibility for their actions.

A friend of mine who I highly respect pointed this out to me with which I had to sadly agree.

I am not advocating that you should do that, it's up to individuals what they do, but really you don't have to take it all so seriously!!!!!

thomas

the tank engine
djtheglove said:
I did used to own a car and no it was not the car!!!!! Although I did hear a story once about a girl who did have sex with her car and was caught in the act!!! It was'nt moving at the time though:blush:!

In France, on a school trip we saw some girl masturbating in the passenger seat....

There are a lot of distractions aren't there,because people are so totally stupid.Saw some person reading a paper as he was going along today.

Also a dog section police car.All I could see was a tongue so I had a slight suspicion that no good was going on.What was happening there was the police person was letting the dog distract him as he was driving along.I bet he wondered why I kept looking at his car.I take it those dogs are supposed to be properly secured in those cars.

Something really has to be done about mobiles

I hate mobiles with a vengeance.So widely abused from the ped/cyclist/moton to work colleagues who blank you when they are talking on their mobiles for which the same reason I just ignore them.

Peds are so stupid walking along,many of them seem so unaware of their surroundings.

It's bad enough anyway as a lot of them cross the road without looking or just the odd casual glance which puts themselves and everyone else in danger.

dav1d

I live in Greater Manchester: not seen the car yet though. But recently there have been a lot of traffic police.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Cunobelin said:
So we are back to the "Oh dear, something is being done that raises my chances of being caught driving dangerously and we can't have that can we?"

Yes I thought that when I read:
"We think that most drivers would prefer police in cars to dish out tickets on the spot and instil better driving behaviour," he said.

Yes because in most cases the police won't spy them or might me on route to deal with something more serious. I think mobile phone use hasn't tailed off as drivers mostly ignore the risk they pose and think it doesn't matter as I won't be caught.

THe quotations about prefering "Real Police" and "discretion" (more likely to evade because they are busy) is even more untenable as this is a case of Police Officers making all the decisions and simply using technology to increase the efficiency.

Issuing a ticket involves stopping the vehicle a conversation with the driver and then writing the ticket. This effectively means that for 15 - 20 minutes that piece of road is unsupervised (perhaps that is the real attraction -again reducing the chances of being caught)

With this system another dozen dangerous drivers can be dealt with in the same period,

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Well I've seen them in my and Cheadle's hunting grounds for a long time.....

They just sit on a bus layby and film cars - I thought it was tax dodging, but many folk do not see what's going on.....they just do not see a Smart with an 'up periscope'....just like they don't see kids that 'might' cross a road...just like that they don't see cyclists.....

Most folk drive cars..they don't SEE...... i.e. it's so easy to drive these days, your perspection shut's off........

You could run about on a pavement with a big sign.......most drivers would not see it....no matter what you did...........

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Yes the time I went through a junction where they were stopping cyclist RLJ'ing I did thing that anyone caught deserved to be caught if they couldn't see the wall of hi-viz vests.

What sort of numbers of people are they catching?

DJ

Eat MY Dust said:
I've seen 2 people texting (and driving) in the last 2 days. I'm pretty sure they were not even aware of my on the bike.

I find that scary too when drivers just don't seem to clock me at all, while carrying out a manouvre like going round a roundabout, happened today, some guy just seemed completley oblivious to my presence!!!
He wasn't even on the phone !

Crankarm

Guru
This evening about 6pm I saw a scaffolding lorry loaded with...... scaffolding being driven by a driver with a mug of tea/coffee/etc in his right hand and a mobile in his other. He was steering with his elbows. No seat belt or shirt either. He was driving through traffic toward me as I waited to cross the road from the pavement on the otherside of the road to his I hasten to add. Company was Dyers scaffolding.

Top Bottom