celebs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
To me @Accy cyclist and @postman have always been celebs.......:whistle:
Then get them out of here!

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I would imagine you sit pretty highly up the income bracket if you take everyone on the planet into the equation.
I often think of those two lines from Another day in paradise by Phil Collins and the 'Bono' bit in the first Do they know it's Christmas recording. "oh think twice,it's just another day for you and me in paradise" and "tonight thank god it's them instead of you". Yes most of us in the west aren't in absolute poverty and we have food and a roof over our heads,but i'd say the average person in the west is nearer to those who have nothing or very little, than nearer to those who have millions like Phil Collins,or even billions like yon Bono. I find those two lines from songs very patronising.

Last edited:

screenman

Legendary Member
I often think of those two lines from Another day in paradise by Phil Collins and the 'Bono' bit in the first Do they know it's Christmas recording. "oh think twice,it's just another day for you and me in paradise" and "tonight thank god it's them instead of you". Yes we in the west aren't in absolute poverty and we have food and a roof over our heads,but i'd say the average person in the west is nearer to those who have nothing or very little, than nearer to those who have millions like Phil Collins,or even billions like yon Bono. i find those two lines from songs very patronising.

This planet is just a speck of dust in the universe, we are so lucky in where we were born.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
1588360745166.png

https://www.euroweeklynews.com/2020/03/23/wayne-rooney-reveals-hes-been-homeschooling-his-children/ :rolleyes:

It'll be like the blind leading the blind!:laugh: :okay:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
He has 4 A levels, English, maths, chemistry and history.
:laugh: Nearly my best laugh of the day!:okay:

stephec

Legendary Member
This might sound slightly callous but, at this current time maybe there is a use for the minor celeb?

If one dies of covid, sorry accy you're not having Beckham but I'd allow Joey Essex, maybe all the simpletons who are ignoring the lockdown and inviting all their mates round for barbies might actually take notice. :smile:

Remember the increase in women coming forward for screening when Jade Goody died?

Drago

Legendary Member
I often think of those two lines from Another day in paradise by Phil Collins and the 'Bono' bit in the first Do they know it's Christmas recording. "oh think twice,it's just another day for you and me in paradise" and "tonight thank god it's them instead of you". Yes we in the west aren't in absolute poverty and we have food and a roof over our heads,but i'd say the average person in the west is nearer to those who have nothing or very little, than nearer to those who have millions like Phil Collins,or even billions like yon Bono. i find those two lines from songs very patronising.
To be fair though, Phil Collins used to sport a balding mullet, and Bonio is one of those environmental campaigners who flies everywhere by private jet. It'd be nice to find a sleb that isn't a prat.

It's like Emma Thompson. She's a rabid euro luvvie (I'm not having that debate, just mention it to set the context), and was so incensed that she took Italian citizenship and moved to Venice. Fair play for that bit - instead of whittling about Brexit she put her money where her sizeable mouth is. Except that when C-19 hit Italy she went scurrying back to Scotland, proving she only loves Europe when it is convenient for her.

Being a conceited, over opinionated, hypocritical prat is a prerequisite for being a sleb these days. I'd rather be closer to the gutter than have their wealth but also be a prime ploker.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
It's like Emma Thompson. She's a rabid euro luvvie (I'm not having that debate, just mention it to set the context), and was so incensed that she took Italian citizenship and moved to Venice. Fair play for that bit - instead of whittling about Europe she put her money where her sizeable mouth is. Except that when C-19 hit Italy she went scurrying back to Scotland, proving she only loves Europe when it is convenient for her.
Yeah, i read about her this morn' in CC's favourite tabloid! Why was she and hubby given Italian citizenship i wonder? Maybe they're short of their own 'celebs' in Italy that they have to import them?:rolleyes:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I've just come up with a great 'shoot telly' program idea!:idea: Right,here goes! Not the finalised title,but maybe i could call it disgruntled green eyed monsters who have nothing, meet mega wealthy celebs! The format of the prog would be a bit like that one where 'poor families' get to swap their homes for a week with bragging like f..k wealthy folk. I could do the first episode. I move into 'Beckingham Palace' for a week,while the Becks clan move into my flat and have to battle evil mum and son below me! While they're battling the f..kwits below i'm in the Becks mansion sending out countless 'look at me everybody' vids,of such stuff as me swigging their 3 grand bottles of plonk and working out in their 'mega gym'! :okay:

Top Bottom