cement repair

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
planning a test this afternoon, so that when I get to Mom's this weekend, I'll be better prepared for a quick commando mission. bought a cpl cement bricks & broke them, so I can play w/ them
1684243460446.png

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I would be surprised if it doesn't work. The level of chemistry and technology in modern aggregates and sealants is astounding.
Gripfill.jpg

I got some of this stuff the other week, £3.50 for a tube. It stuck bricks together and I couldn't even get them apart again with all my might.

I would be surprised if it doesn't work. The level of chemistry and technology in modern aggregates and sealants is astounding.
I got some of this stuff the other week, £3.50 for a tube. It stuck bricks together and I couldn't even get them apart again with all my might.
oh interesting, thank you. the repair is actually a thin surface at the edge of a porch. I used something that stopped the cracking / chipping but it's too light in color, for my liking & didn't bring the surface up to the correct level. so I'll be experimenting with the broken edges of those bricks, to make just a thin flat layer, eliminating / masking the broken side. not re-attaching the broken brick. this stuff is supposed to be good down to a feather edge, so I'm hoping to fill the 1/8" (3mm?) void & cover the lighter colored product
1684254526479.png

the porch is going to need a professional re-surfacing, but that's beyond my experience, expertise & desires ;-)
1684254480143.png

for now I'm concerned w/ the mailman catching his shoe on it & the appearance

Last edited:
good experiment

made a good mess but learned something about the materials, tools, instructions & procedures. so I have more accurate expectations
Picture1 b.jpg

interesting to work with a medium that starts as soupy, then hardens like stone. timing is everything
Picture2 b.jpg

got there before dark, performed the patching, seemed well enough, kept it moist/misted for 1 hr, as pr instructions, color seemed close enough
patch 1.jpg

next morning disappointed with how light it dried
patch 2.jpg

thinking maybe to repair what is chipping then apply a surface coat product. or have Mom hire a pro because this whole surface layer might have to be removed?
edge chipping.jpg

Top Bottom