Center Parcs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Will you need an oven? Not sure how things have changed since my last uk trip, but ovens used to be scarce! Check the kitchen pics and description.

Full kitchen facilities just like home from home

Solocle

Über Member
Viz tip.... Put small children in the boot so you don't have to pay for them :smile:. Doesn't work at Whinfell forest here in Cumbria as they check cars for stowaways lol.
The one problem I had at Whinfell was getting to/from it on a bike - going out to places like Great Dun Fell and the lakes, for instance. The one access is from the A66 :bicycle:

T4tomo

Guru
Thank you , sounds similar to Elevedon then and we were surprised by Woburn as quite a few descents had signs asking cyclist's to dismount as they ranged from 7 to 12% , which my partner struggled with on the tandem bless her .
Definitely avoid Longleat then, some of the hills there are granny ring specials, it yonks since I went but I recall the sports centre is down in a steep hollow. Eleveden was much flatter and more compact to get around

icowden

Veteran
Definitely avoid Longleat then, some of the hills there are granny ring specials, it yonks since I went but I recall the sports centre is down in a steep hollow. Eleveden was much flatter and more compact to get around

Yep - it definitely is. If you have made the error of hiring a bike and trailer to tow your kids around, you won't get out of the valley again unless you are made of stern stuff (and those zigzags are hard to negotiate with a trailer).

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
I used to go when my daughter was younger. I always liked it as we live very close to Whinfell Forest in Cumbria. I always found it overpriced for drinks and food, but if you bring your own its not so bad, but we usually couldn't be bothered. I stopped going as when I was ruled by school holidays I could more or less have a week in Lanzarote all inclusive for the price of just paying for center parcs accomadation. Obviously things are different now as I don't really fancy abroad. I just really liked that there were no cars mostly.

Middle class Butlins

Butlins! You were lucky. We used to dream of Butlins...

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I loved going to Butlins as a child.

The fairground rides were not as good at the ones outside the camp, but the fact they were free more than made up for that for a 10-year-old Pale Rider with very little spending money.

Some of my classmates teased me about going there, but that didn't stop me nagging my mother to take me again the following year.

Top Bottom