1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chain Gangs...

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling (Road and Track Racing)' started by yenrod, 28 Mar 2008.

1. yenrod

yenrod Guest

Who rides them here and what are your thoughts on them...:biggrin:

Purely for discussionary purposes !

2. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

I ride them when back in the Philippines and find them fun. In the area I ride on the outskirts of Manila, you will find three or four of them, at different levels of pace etc., every morning starting at 0700 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Ludwig

Ludwig road stud

I find the thought of cycling chained to other cyclists very unappealing. I prefer wilderness cycling on my own.

4. Big T

Big T Über Member

They're mainly for racing men to get a hard fast workout and to hone their group riding skills.

I used to ride with our local chaingang but always got shelled out on the climbs near the end. They're usually seriously quick and a good way of developing your top end speed and improving your bike handling skills (if you can keep up, that is).

5. gavintc

gavintc Guru

Great for getting fitter. I enjoy the challenge of keeping with the chain, hurting myself on the hills, and the interaction/dynamic of group riding.