chain keeps coming off new bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chipmonster

This is the first time I have taken a ride on a road bike. I have bought a new claud butler strada (road bike with a carbon frame).

I had weird experience for the first time (35 mis on the road)

It was twitchy and really fast, this will take time getting used to. The gears were okay.

The worrying thing was that the chain came off twice, why would this be its a new bike? Do i need to take it back to the bike shop? This has got me really worrried, please help!!!

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Front or rear mechs (or both) just need tweaking. Take it back to lbs and get them to fix it. Not your problem.

shimano

sorry to hear of your woes chipmonster - as it's a new bike maybe best not to touch it yourself unless you're confident about following bicycletutor or Sheldon Brown. I just bought a new bike today and the sales guy fiddled with it before I tried it and once I said I'd buy it their resident mechanic went over it all again - superb service. Go back as soon as they are open and demand (politely) that they sort it out - good luck!

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
as you've (presumably) spent in excess of £700 on a bike, the shop is stupid if they are going to risk losing your continued custom by not keeping to their responsibilities. i bought a new mtb years ago, and within two weeks the front gear cable broke. it was replaced no questions asked and to this day i still use them.

i'm sure they'll sort you out straight away chipmonster.

Perry

A few tweaks here and there is all that's needed.

Top Bottom