Chain Length

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
see what yer've done? yer've confused the poor chap wot with yer alignments and yer perpendiculars...

big ring at the front, big cog at the back, see if you fall off. sorted.

gavintc

Guru
manalog said:
Got my Crankset today... he he he. I'm now a little confused with all different methods now. I'll try the simplest and just install the Crankset and see what happens. By the way, anyone here owns a Focus Cayo 08 with 53/39 and 12/27 combination? Perhaps you could post your Chain Lenght on here?

Not a good plan as the length of your chain stay is a variable.

OP
OP
manalog

manalog

Über Member
Thanks for all your help, I decided to take the Bike to my LBS. I don't want to ruin my nice carbon frame if the chain decided to jump on to the seat stay. ;-)

OP
OP
manalog

manalog

Über Member
Hello,
I found a Chain Length Calculator on the Net, all you have to do is enter the biggest chainring and the length of chain stay and it will give you the answer(there are other variables but...) The chain length required in my case is 55 links which I think is correct as I am currently running 54 links with 50/39 12/27 set up

Jonathan M

manalog said:
Hello,
I found a Chain Length Calculator on the Net, all you have to do is enter the biggest chainring and the length of chain stay and it will give you the answer(there are other variables but...) The chain length required in my case is 55 links which I think is correct as I am currently running 54 links with 50/39 12/27 set up

Don't just say you've found the link, post it man!

Top Bottom