Chain pusher

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Yes.

Kell

Veteran
I'm planning on taking mine all apart this weekend and re-lubing everything as the chain pusher and cogs are full of sludge again.

I might actually film the crap that comes out of them as I'm sure most people didn't believe me last time.

OP
OP
C

chris folder

Hi my pusher is not functioning right not pushing idler wheel over enough I have adjusted cable and pusher screws but still not changeing gears fast enough muck builds up around it thought could be that but i have cleaned it and still not right i will try lube on the pusher then w.end

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
They're not too tricky to take apart and clean up, but don't use isopropyl to degrease them as it seems to make the plastic brittle. Again, DAMHIKT...

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
The limit screws shouldn't need tweaking IME, it's the sliding jockey wheel that stopped sliding from side to side for me. My two most used gears were done with just the pusher, so it was a major issue when it got stuck.

Kell

Veteran
Yeah. I’ve made that mistake before. Overtightened the selector. But i’ve Also done the opposite and left it too loose and lost the bolt. :blush:

Anyway, here’s how I get the crud out. I’ve got a small flat head screwdriver that fits in the slots in the jockey wheels. Push it through and it pushes up all the built up grime.

In my case, in London, it’s a collection of road grime and, I think, sand from Hyde Park that makes it into an almost perfect grinding paste.

Anyway vid as promised. Dull as feck, but interesting to see how much crap comes out.

View: https://youtu.be/E4nh0aEiBeI

Top Bottom