Chain tube bracket replacement.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BlackPanther

Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.
The Trice has been off the road for a couple of weeks. After fitting a new chain I noticed it was all loose entering the tube from the chainring. After eliminating a too long chain as the culprit I noticed that the half circular bracket that supports the brackets that hold the chain tube in place was wrongly angled......must've knocked it when fitting the chain. Anyway I'd put the poor shifting down to a worn chain, although it was only just past it according to my chain wear tool. Also noticed that the wire coming out of the bar end shifter was had a couple of worn wires. The gear wire gave up the ghost and snapped whilst test riding......glad I didn't get half way to work on it.

Anyway, fitting the new cable and bar tape this weekend, but one of the chain tube holding brackets has perished, so the tube is able to move. Bodged at the moment with insulating tape, but will probably replace all 3 of them. I'm going to order from Ice......unless anyone knows of an easy fix using something else? Always eager to do a job on the cheap as long as it's as good as the original.

Top Bottom