Chain tug with Disc Mount?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sproket_jockey

Does anyone know where or if, i can get a non-drive side chain tug incorporating a disc mount? i have an on-one inbred with horizontal dropouts and no disc mounts for the rear and would really like to run a disc on the rear.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

RedBike

No, but if you find one please post it up.

I'm still looking for one with a gear hanger (And a hub I can re-space to 120mm).

GrasB

Veteran
When you mean a tug are you talking about an IS or post mount for a disc caliper? If so that's gonna be one hell of a tug. The amount of torsional resistance it has to put up is massive, it took a friend all of 20 miles to BEND a chromy road fork that he had braised an IS disk mount to.

You'll be better off using a vertical drop out & then a chain tensioner system. I'd just go disc up front with a decent set of dual pivot calipers at the rear.

OP
OP
S

sproket_jockey

Hi Redbike, i have a drive side chain tug that has a gear mech hanger on my Revell 24" wheel 4X bike. You should have a look at Chain reaction's website, they have DMR chain tugs with rear mech hangers. As for the disc brake problem, looks like i'll have to engineer something myself, anyone know a machinest in High Wycombe, Bucks?

Top Bottom