Chain wheels and mechs compatibility.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No need. You are replacing the complete chainset. (Stick, wrong, end of, Dave)
The one you are putting on [edit: maybe] looks like a biopace (ovalised rings) so take care to set the FD cage at the correct height for the large diameter.
Also you don't know if the BB spindle length needed by the new chainset is the same as for the current one, so your chainline may not be quite the same. It's possible the FD will not 'reach', but I'd fit it and see (unscrew limit screws) manipulating by hand. Also check how close the (new) inner ring is to the chainstay.

That confirms I understood it now, but as you say I plan to replace the entire unit. I don't think it's a biospace; I've got several biospace rings and they're generally distinctive, but I'll check tomorrow.

Jameshow

Veteran
Good point; poor communication from me there. Ironically I'm translating into English from German.

Do you think in German?

C R

Guru
I think it did. I've genuinely forgotten a few English words for things, or in my work I've often learnt the words for things here and never knew the English words in the first place.

I have the same thing with English and Galician/ Spanish. All my professional life has been in English, so for a lot of technical words if I want to say it in Galician I need to reach for the dictionary.

Last edited:
Top Bottom