chainreactioncycles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

e-rider

crappy member
Well, generally good BUT I've already mentioned 1 bad experience with them on this thread and I've now got 2 more to add! Firstly, they sent completely the wrong item (and I mean completely different) and when I finally got throught to them on the phone they told me to send it back (fair enough even though I'm not near a post office) and they would send the correct item when they received the other back! They could at least send the replacement straight away - it was a low value item, and a shocking mistake to make. Second, I've had a spanner on order for over 2 months. It did have an expected delivery date but as this came and went they seem to have forgotten all about it now - no emails, nothing!

mossy

Been vey good to me.They reply to questions and the service is quick and reliable.

dodgy

I'm starting to see mistakes being made with CRC now, perhaps as a result of increasing popularity.
I ordered some wheel components a while back with 24 hour next day delivery, it took 2 days to despatch and a further 5 days to arrive (admittedly the in-post delay wasn't their fault, but the late despatch was), when the parcel eventually arrived, you've guess it, some parts were the wrong type/colour.

I ordered a 10spd chain 2 days ago and today a 9spd one turned up.
I'm just about to put an order in for a Park PRS-15 (expensive bit of kit), and I reckon I'll go back to Wiggle for it. While their prices can be higher at Wiggle, to date they've never sent me the wrong stuff.

On the plus side for CRC, they did rectify the problem. But you know what us cyclists are like, we order stuff because we need it for that ride we've planned (as in my case, no chain = no ride).

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I ordered 2 items for Xmas presents which were marked as in stock. I received the confirmation email saying the order was being processed and £44 had been snaffled from my account. " days later I got an email saying the order was cancelled due to no stock and a refund would be mine in just 5 short days. Not great stock control at the very least and bleedin' inconvenient.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
They have been good to me too - recently got brand new, flood damaged, XT canti's for just £9 a pair - OK 1 had a missing weather seal, so I just ordered another pair as spares, as the blocks are as expensive.........

Always been fast, yeh returns - you send it back and they send a replacement, but if you need a part fast, they say buy another one, send the faulty one back and they will refund...

Top Bottom