Chainset Advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sjmac531

Regular
Hello everyone, has anyone used the cheaper Chinese branded chainsets on their road bikes, wondering what they are like in terms of quality and longevity.
Many thanks

Sharky

Guru
Not sure where they are made, but I've been using Sinz square taper cranks on two of my road bikes and pleased with them. And they have a very good range of crank lengths from 130mm upwards. Costs about £55 for a pair of cranks and look good in black.

OP
OP
S

sjmac531

Regular
Thanks, sounds promising. I'm looking a set (also in black) for my old steel framed Raleigh and saw one marked mi.xam at around £30 with 170mm cranks and 53/39.

OP
OP
S

sjmac531

Regular
I'm not sure if having chrome cranks would make me any more conspicuous. Thanks for your help with the link 👍
You reduce your conspicuity with black cranks. I leave it to you to explore their site.
Nothing reflective detailing and bright clothing wouldn't put right. Thanks for your help 👍

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Spa also do their own branded chainset, XD-2, which is cheaper still and very well regarded.

I recently bought an ETC branded chainset for the shopping/errands bike and it's pretty good for the money. Made in China but imported by several online UK retailers.

Top Bottom