Challenge Wogan

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wogan

Aye.

It's nearly that time of year again, when a young Wogan's thoughts turn to the future and it's boundless opportunities.

This time last year I resolved to buy a road bike and ride it for 100 miles in one day. Come July, I took part in the British Cyclosportive and loved every minute of it (aren't rose tinted glasses wonderful?).

Now I need some help in setting myself a new challenge for next year. I've somewhat "lost my cycling mojo" since the nights started drawing in, so I'm seriously out of shape and can be considered an absolute cycling newbie.

Can you, good people of Cycle Chat, help me find a suitable challenge (or challenges) for 2008?

All suggestions are welcome and I resolve, begorrah, to commit to putting a man on the moon by the end of the decade...erm, commit to a challenge put forth on this forum by the end of the year. Be gentle.

Wogan said:
Aye.

It's nearly that time of year again, when a young Wogan's thoughts turn to the future and it's boundless opportunities.

This time last year I resolved to buy a road bike and ride it for 100 miles in one day. Come July, I took part in the British Cyclosportive and loved every minute of it (aren't rose tinted glasses wonderful?).

Now I need some help in setting myself a new challenge for next year. I've somewhat "lost my cycling mojo" since the nights started drawing in, so I'm seriously out of shape and can be considered an absolute cycling newbie.

Can you, good people of Cycle Chat, help me find a suitable challenge (or challenges) for 2008?

All suggestions are welcome and I resolve, begorrah, to commit to putting a man on the moon by the end of the decade...erm, commit to a challenge put forth on this forum by the end of the year. Be gentle.

You can start by getting into the spirit of things and ask Fnaar to put a Santa hat on your, er, helmet!

Then we'll take it from there. :wacko:

Tetedelacourse

post in expedition (or read a few stories).

As this is cakestop, I challenge you to eat 50 Chicken McNuggets in 30 minutes*. Dips and drinks allowed if required.

*my record, set on 18 September 2002.

domtyler

Über Member
Complete a twenty four hour time trial

or

A sub hour twenty five mile

or

take part in a Road Race and not get dropped (you will the first time)

Top Bottom