Change of circumstances reluctant sale

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pete Sobye

Regular
Having only just bought this bike and accoutrements I have had a change in my personal circumstances. The bike is listed on eBay but I am also advertising privately. :-

I am selling my road bike which i have ridden once.
I replaced the clipped pedals with Shimano clipless SPD-SL R540 (originals included) also added is water bottle and carrier, lights and if the auction makes £200 i will include a pair of (used once) Muddy Fox road racing shoes with SPD-SL cleats and a stand up pump.

The following is the spec from the Viking Website. :-

At the heart of the Viking Roma 2011 Road Bike lies a lightweight aluminium frame with a tapered steel aero fork and a road racing geometry. It features Shimano STI combined brake & gear shifters for effortless gear changing and braking, 36 hole aero rims with quick release hubs & Shimano derailleurs.
The larger 700c wheels, narrow tyres and higher gearing make it easier to achieve and maintain higher speeds, than a mountain bike or hybrid. The Roma comes equipped with a 18 Speed transmission, comprising of 12-23 8 speed cassette on the rear and a alloy chainset 52/42.

First established in Wolverhampton in 1908 the Viking brand has a history, rich in the tradition of top quality road bikes and throughout the century. Quality, style and durability have always been the hallmarks of Viking cycles. Today’s Vikings embody those core qualities and look to widen the range to suit the ever increasing demands of changing lifestyles. For 2011 the range includes: Road, Trekking, Comfort, Tandems, Heritage, Urban Sport and City Folders. No longer produced in Wolverhampton, each model now utilizes the technical developments of today’s manufacturing processes and lightweight tubing.

Features

Model Type: Race

Frame Construction: Handcrafted 6061 aluminium with mudguard clearance.

Forks: Hi-Ten steel with tapered blades. Mudguard clearance.

Wheel Size: 700c with 23c slick tyres.

Gear System: 16 speed STI combined brake & gear shifters. Prowheel double chainset with alloy cranks.12-23 Shimano 8 speed cassette.

Wheel Specification: Viking 700c alloy double wall 36 hole black rims with CNC side walls. Black spokes. Alloy hubs with quick release axles.

Brakes: Shimano STI brake levers. Alloy caliper brakes.

Handlebar and Stem: Alloy ahead stem and 44cm race bars with black cork tape. Low stack cartridge headset.

Additional Information: Viking race saddle, micro adjust alloy seat pin. Sealed cartridge bottom bracket. Steel caged pedals with toe clips and straps.

Weight: 11.90 kg
Frame Colour: Sky Blue
Fork: Black

Will not post so collection only please ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351349847.437370.jpg

OP
OP
Pete Sobye

Pete Sobye

Regular
Bike is located in Fraddon, near Newquay. My contact details.

07429 745616
Pete.sobye@icloud.com

OP
OP
Pete Sobye

Pete Sobye

Regular
It's a 56 with 700c wheels although a friend of mine (who knows his stuff) said its a small 56 if that's possible.

As I said, its like new and I've only taken it out once.

My wife is 5'0 so maybe a touch too big

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
How much you after? My mate may be interested.

Also if anyone wants it im heading up the m5 to bristol soon if someone up that way does want it I can drop it up there for you

Cc members only though.

gds58

Über Member
Thats lighter than most carbons with better specs

No way, I'm sorry but even an average spec carbon bike will weigh in at around 8 kgs which is nearly 4 kgs lighter than this bike and a lot will be way under 8 kgs with a good spec of kit so I'm not quite sure what carbon bikes you've been looking at that come in at nearly 12 kgs!! Nonetheless this is still a nice bike for the money.

Top Bottom