change to commute- nasties

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Alrighty all- have been a bit offline for a while due to loads of stuff to sort and life in general getting in the way.

I was commuting to Waterloo from South London and that was quite a nice journey down the Old Kent Road but now due to a move, I'm commuting from South London (more hills) to Clapham Junction and have found there is just more aggro on a daily basis.

More HGVs on narrow roads, more impatient drivers, more people driving vehicles too large SUVS/Hummers/4X4s for the roads, more rudeness..general crapiness!

So Just a moan about the variance from one end of commuting to another - how a few roads difference can change it all.

Has anyone else found this with a change in commute?
Hope all you lot are doing well and have been alright in my absence! I've missed this place!

Moodyman

Legendary Member
I've been alright TT.

Changes always take time to get accustomed to. Stick with it and it will soon become the norm.

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Yeah glad to hear things are top notch your end.

The change is a welcome one - have to force myself up some hills and be very aware of silly behaviour on the roads but am glad of the change!

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
South london can be a pain, you will get use to it eventually.
+ clapham junction isn't the best place to commute to.

Tynan

Veteran
I've alwasy found Sarf London to be full of idiots and idocy, god knows North and East London isn't anything special

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Yeah there are idiots most ends as people get complacent on the commute - though I didn't find this much stupidity and impatience when I commuted South to East.

Still, there's always surprises here and there

So what's the gossip people? What have I missed?!! hahah

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I think it's more that when you learn a set of routes, you understand instinctively how to position yourself. Go somewhere new a few times, and it's slightly harder to do as well until you learn that route.

There's defo a different flavour between north and south London, almost a slightly different driving culture I think. You can get bad in either.

potsy

Rambler
Good to have you back tt, maybe you should get a helmet-cam and become the female version of hackbike(but a bit faster and younger)
biggrin.gif

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
lol - I might be able to blag a cam from somewhere- though not wearing my helmet much these days...stands back and awaits a full blown helmet debate!!

The reality is you'd probably just hear me f'in and blinding all the time!

potsy

Rambler
lol - I might be able to blag a cam from somewhere- though not wearing my helmet much these days...stands back and awaits a full blown helmet debate!!

The reality is you'd probably just hear me f'in and blinding all the time!

I'm shocked,can't believe a delicate southern rose like you even knows any swear words
laugh.gif

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
southern rose...who are you kidding - I may be a Londoner having moved there, I'm not a southerner by birth but delicate is not a fitting descriptor independent of this - trooper I tell you Potsy, Trooper!

potsy

Rambler
southern rose...who are you kidding - I may be a Londoner having moved there, I'm not a southerner by birth but delicate is not a fitting descriptor independent of this - trooper I tell you Potsy, Trooper!

I knew there was something good about you tt
whistling.gif
where you from then?

Top Bottom