Changed it up!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simmi

Über Member
Due to the inclement weather thought I would change it up and go for a run instead.
Had not run at all for over 25 years but "hey, how hard can it be, I can cycle 50 miles"
OMG it was so hard after 100 yards I knew this was not going to be a walk in the park.
I stuck with it and did 2.6 miles through local woods (or should I say swamp) and some pavement in 27 minutes.
Running is for NUTTERS stay well away! (though might give it another go next week)

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
It's always runners who find the bodies.

paul04

Über Member
Having taken a few months off running because of problems with my left knee, I've started running again this week just to see how my knee was. nice slow and steady 6 miles today.
so close to my target for the year, I did want to run 1000 miles and I've done 920 miles.

RWright

Guru
I have a bad knee and can not do much running, but I never liked running anyway. I may start doing more walking along with the cycling. I might even do a few sprints with the walking but as far as any distance running, those days are over for me.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I've been running for about a month in prep. for my triathlons next year. It's like beginning all over again, with different muscle groups. However, after a month it's getting a little easier.

Conclusion: runners are mad.

A lot harder to into than cycling and takes a lot of time to reach high or Eakins performance. Age makes a bug difference too.

Tbh ts a lot harder than cycling generally and easier to lose performance levels than it is to win it.
Physical output is again generally much higher too.

I find that you don't get the highs in running that you do in cycling, being able to take in the sheer beauty of an autumn or spring sunrise while pushing the miles along the coast, or the glorious and dramatic countryside we live in as you crest a rise following a hard push to see a magnificent vista before you AND you have a cracking adrenalin loaded downhill head of you

paul04

Über Member
I find that you don't get the highs in running that you do in cycling, being able to take in the sheer beauty of an autumn or spring sunrise while pushing the miles along the coast, or the glorious and dramatic countryside we live in as you crest a rise following a hard push to see a magnificent vista before you AND you have a cracking adrenalin loaded downhill head of you

Well said. and I do find other cyclists who you have never met will stop and have a chat:smile:
to out of breath to chat while running:heat:

Berties

Fast and careful!
I've always found it hard,to build up miles quickly even if I have the fitness ,ie knee and muscle strains,a quick 3 miles is easy but .i am talking 10mile plus ,so took some good expert advice mixed with some not so helpful
I am currently changing shoe style again,neutral with a moulded orthopaedic insole,and daily muscle loading sessions,regular visits to my physio who is a biomechanics expert,so with more flexibility close to zero on last group,in all my leg groups it should result in less injuries,so running is easier and I can build my miles up more comfortable

Top Bottom