changed to mtb shoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
now have lower back pain, could it be that i need to raise my saddle because the shoes have a higher stack height

Licramite

Über Member
do you mean clipless , if so yes , I certainly had to. - it puts you on the balls of your feet which I found raised me up.
I found to get the right shaddle height I stood on my peddles, raised the seat to that height. that set me up for when in the clips my legs are bent just right

OP
OP
J

jowwy

also found today when i was trying to up my cadence - i felt i was bouncing - changed up a gear and stopped

never had that before - will raise saddle a touch and see if that helps on the way home - uphill commute home of 15 miles :wacko:

Kies

The bouncing is more to do with you putting the power down on the down stroke. Sometimes known as stomping the pedals. Try and keep an even pressure on the pedals for the whole revolution. A lower gear and practice will help ;)

OP
OP
J

jowwy

The bouncing is more to do with you putting the power down on the down stroke. Sometimes known as stomping the pedals. Try and keep an even pressure on the pedals for the whole revolution. A lower gear and practice will help ;)
cheers kies - think its all sorted. new shoes and a bit of adjusting on the way home.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
When i bought new shoes even though i set the cleats with the same setback and angle i still had to tweak the seat height as the newer shoes had a different sole thickness.

Top Bottom